Door and window hardware are important accessories that are extensively used in residential or commercial buildings, airports, educational buildings, and hospitals. Door and window hardware consists of product types such as locks with handles, hinges, door latch, and fasteners. These are made up of materials like metal, wood, brass, stainless steel, and bronze are available in different sizes, shapes, patterns, or designs. Door hardware fittings include a deadbolt, doorknob, door seal, door hinge, electrical door locks, and handle set. Door accessories include doorbells, door bolts, door latches, and door stoppers. Window hardware fittings and accessories include window stays, window frame, window folding handles, window pull handles, and window latch mechanism.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of door and window hardware attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide this has hampered the growth of door and window hardware from the last few months and is likely to grow in 2021.
- COVID -19 has already affected the sales of door and window hardware in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is anticipated to grow in year 2021.
- The major demand for door and window hardware was previously noticed from countries including the US Germany Italy UK and China which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus thereby declining the demand for door and window hardware.
- Further potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves door and window hardware manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID -19 health crisis.
- Door and window hardware manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce operations and supply chains to respond to ward immediate crisis and find new ways of working after COVID -19 for instance provision of sanitizers maintaining social distancing as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Due to urbanization, more people are shifting from rural areas to urban areas and due to this, the need for residential buildings is increasing and so the demand for installation of door and window hardware is also rising. Also, there will be increased construction of residential buildings, showrooms, stores, malls, warehouses, and office buildings. in the forecasted period and this will altogether drive the demand for door and window hardware
Also, due to industrialisation, and rapid development of infrastructure, and increased investment in construction projects in developing countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and others, the door and window hardware market will witness an upsurge in near future. Increased investment in the real estate sector boosts the demand for door and window accessories.
However, an increase in prices of raw materials such as iron, brass, plastic, and steel. is expected to hinder the door and window hardware market growth. Also, because of lockdown, shortage of labour, restrictions in movement of people, the construction activities got hindered, hence restraining the market growth.
- In 2019, Allegion, one of the leading players in the market, launched the new schlage encode smart Wi-Fi deadbolt.
- In 2018, Allegion acquired the GWA Group Limited’s Door and Access Systems Business.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the door and window hardware along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the door and window hardware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the door and window hardware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed door and window hardware market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Door and Window Hardware Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End Use
Key Market Players
MACO,, Siegenia,, Stanley Hardware,, Assa Abloy,, Dorma, Roto Frank,, Giesse,, Allegion,, Winkhaus,, SAVIO,