A double-lumen biliary catheter was developed to assist in the bile duct stone extraction and performance of cholangiography. The catheter can also help in the routine balloon throughout a biliary stone catheter bile duct stone extraction process and hence it is beneficial for both treatment and diagnosis of bile duct stones. A biliary catheter called a drain or sent is a flexible, hollow, thin tube with several small holes on the side. A biliary catheter is useful when too much bile collects in the bile ducts.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the double-lumen biliary catheters market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of biliary stone problems, a surge in geriatric populations, and rise in demand for minimally invasive procedure & advanced treatment and procedures using catheters are the factors that drive the growth of the double-lumen biliary catheters market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch innovative devices in the market; and technological advancements, are some factors, which boost the market growth for double-lumen biliary catheters.
- However, high cost associated with this method and a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device and associated complications hinder the market growth.
Double-lumen Biliary Catheters Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, Merit Medical declared the commercial launch of the Resolve Mini Locking Drainage Catheter. The product is designed for the percutaneous drainage of fluid from body cavities.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the double-lumen biliary catheters industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the double-lumen biliary catheters market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the double-lumen biliary catheters market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed double-lumen biliary catheters market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the double-lumen biliary catheters Report
- Which are the leading players active in the double-lumen biliary catheters market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the double-lumen biliary catheters market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the double-lumen biliary catheters market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Double-lumen biliary catheters"?
- What is "Double-lumen biliary catheters" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Double-lumen biliary catheters" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Double-lumen biliary catheters" Market report?
Double-lumen Biliary Catheters Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Olympus, Medtronic, Terumo, C. R. Bard, Teleflex, Boston Scientific, B. Braun, Cook Medical, Smiths Medical, Merit Medical