Feathers are epidermal growths that form the outer covering of a bird, which repel water and make them possible to fly. Down is light & soft that lies beneath tougher exterior feathers, specifically on the belly of a bird, which provides insulation to keep it warm. It is fine thermal insulator & padding, which can be used in goods such as bedding, pillows, jackets, and sleeping bags.
It does not possess quills and provides extreme softness enhanced comfort without excess weight, thus is highly valued by manufacturers of down clothing and comforters. In addition, it delivers temperature control to achieve comfortable sleep. Moreover, light and airy fibers are ideal to make pillow soft & supportive.
Bedding fabricated using down & feather is lightweight, provides insulation, and is an environmentally friendly alternative to oil-based synthetic material, which fuels the demand for down & feather, thereby driving the growth of the global market.
Furthermore, increase in purchasing power of consumers, growth in urban population, and rise in consumer preference for luxury & comfort boost the market growth. However, certain regulations laid by the EFSA Panel on Animal Health & Welfare (AHAW) for harvesting of feather from birds hamper the market growth.
The global down & feather market is segmented based on type, origin, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into down and feather. By origin, it is divided into duck down, goose down, and mixed down. Applications covered in the study include pillow, bedding, comforters, and apparels. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major market players are as follows:
Down & Feather Co.
Allied Feather & Down
OBB Oberbadische Bettfedernfabrik GmbH
Peter Kohl KG
Karl Sluka GmbH
Heinrich Hassling GmbH & Co.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global down & feather market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Down & Feather Market Key Segments:
- Duck Down
- Goose Down
- Mixed Down
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other players operating in the industry include the following:
- Au Lit Fine Linens
- United Feather & Down, Inc.
- Treude & Metz GmbH & Co. KG
- Richard Behr & Co.
- Norfolk Feather Company
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on client interest.