The drone is a flying robot or aircraft that can be remotely controlled or fly autonomously using software in its integrated system and onboard sensors and global positioning system. Drones are also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). Earlier, Unnamed aerial vehicles were only used solely for military- purposes such as air defense target training, intelligence gathering, and, more controversially, as a weapons platform. Drones are used in almost every field including construction, media & entertainment, precision agriculture, security & surveillance, law enforcement, transportation, traffic and weather monitoring, weddings, and even for service delivery. The increase in demand for drones in civil and commercial applications is expected to drive the growth of the global drone sensor market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the lives of many people. The pandemic has disrupted several supply chains due to the extreme lockdown imposed by various governments. These restrictions have disrupted the supply-demand relationship affecting the global economy and trade volume. The drone technology as a result has become the most useful application to combat the spread of viruses in public places and came to the rescue of mankind. These drones are used widely for sanitization, medical transportation, blood sample transportation, and public monitoring. The effective contactless delivery, have increased the demand for drones in global commercial and government sectors, which is expected to drive the drone sensor market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
Rapid adoption of drone deliveries along with favorable government regulations and increase in demand of drones in civil and commercial applications drive the growth of the global drone sensor market.
High cost associated with system and limited performance hinders the growth of the global drone sensor market.
Increase in applications of drones in military & defense, security & surveillance, and media & entertainment segments provides lucrative opportunities for the global drone sensor market.
Incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Drone technology has received immense attention from various industrial sectors because of its superior photography and inspection capabilities. Several companies are now focusing on developing smart sensors for drone technology that can detect multiple parameters in a system, such as temperature, rain, humidity, and rain. For efficient applicability, the manufacturers are incorporating advanced technology such as artificial intelligence into drone sensors. Artificial intelligence-based drones which are equipped with computer vision and advanced sensors can continuously recognize and assess their surrounding environment and react accordingly. These capabilities are essential for search and rescue and military and defense applications. Another advantage of using AI in drones is that it provides real-time data functions, allowing the drone to adjust flight based on terrain and make adjustments as they occur. These data can also be collected and analyzed to provide organizations with the information they need to improve their products and services. Drones are now included in smart mobility offerings that are now commercially available to businesses and consumers. Thus, the growing demand for autonomous drones for a wide range of industrial applications across the globe is expected to drive market growth and the incorporation of AI in drone technology will further boost the growth of the global drone sensor market during the forecast year.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the drone sensor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of drone sensor market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the drone sensor market.
- The report provides a detailed drone sensor market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Drone Sensor Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the drone sensor market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the drone sensor market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Drone Sensor Market Report Highlights
By Sensor Type
By Platform Type
Key Market Players
PrescisionHawk (US), Trimble (US), , Raytheon (US), ams AG (Austria), Sparton NavEx (US), Sentera, Inc. (US), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), Bosch Sensortec (Germany), SlantRange (US), TDK InvenSense (Japan)