Dye sensitized solar cell (DSC) is a low-cost solar cells having thin solar film. It is based on the semiconductor formed between a photo sensitized anode and an electrolyte. Dye sensitized solar cell technologies is semiflexible and transparent. It is a photovoltaic cell, which is used for conversion of light energy into electrical energy with the help of semiconductors and photosensitizes or dyes. DSC solar technology is used in energy, industrial, and military processes. The chargers and solar bags with wireless solar keyboards are produced by dye sensitized solar technologies. Furthermore, these technologies are used in wireless sensors, portable electronics, mobile devices, and electronics, which are used in apparel. The construction, solar industry, and other sectors will be the major contributors in the demand for the dye sensitized solar cell due to increase in need of energy and power.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for DSC solar technology is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The suspension of activities in the construction solar energy industry is expected to limit the demand for dye sensitized solar technologies.
- Furthermore, the suspended movement of production in factories and machinery regulations may cause a decline in the revenue of DSC solar technology.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, inadequate demand from the consumers will further hamper the production rate of DSC solar technology, which negatively impacts the market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The dye sensitized solar system is an innovative technology, which exhibits advantages such as low cost of solar cells and high electricity generating capacity, which acts as a major driving factor of the dye sensitized solar technologies market. In addition, rapid industrialization and increase in urbanization lead to rise in construction activities where adequate supply of energy is required. This boosts the demand for solar power generating technologies. Furthermore, this system uses materials, which are low cost and do not require any high-end manufacturing apparatus, thus, the generation of electricity from this technology is efficient and beneficial. Moreover, this technology is used for charging transports and can be effective in low-light conditions. Hence, it is helpful under cloudy weather conditions. However, dye sensitized cells technology is the use of liquid electrolyte in it, which is not stable at high temperature, hence, will lead to physical damage and cutting power productions.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global DSC solar technologies market industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the DSC solar technologies market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the DSC solar technologies market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
DSC Solar Technologies Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Samsun SDI, Peccell, SONY Technology Centre, 3G solar, Sharp, G24 Innovations, Fujikura, Nissha Printing, Solar Print