DVI Cable Market Outlook – 2027
Digital Video Interface (DVI) is a cable used for visual display interface, which is used to connect a video source such as video display controller to a display device such as computer monitor, projector, TV with intention of creating industry standard for transfer of digital content. Interface is designed to support uncompressed digital video and can be configured to support analog, digital, and integrated modes.
Single-link and dual link connectors support resolutions up to 1920*1200 and 2560*1600, respectively. DVI cable transmits digital signals, which increases transmission speed and data or image transferred looks more realistic, sharp with detailed expression avoiding loss of signals in the process.
This data transfer solution is used in the communication sector as well as for research purposes where DVI-A is used to carry DVI signal to an analog display such as CRT monitor or budget LCD. Increase in advancements in this low cost, power efficient, rapid video content transfer solution implies that the DVI cable market share would undergo steady growth in the coming years.
The global DVI cable market is segmented on the basis of type, data rate, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into DVI-A, DVI-D, and DVI-I. In terms of data rate, the market is bifurcated into single link and dual link. On the basis of application, the market is divided into OEM and aftermarket.
In terms of industry vertical, the market is categorized into commercial, IT & telecommunication, industrial, automotive, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in adoption of consumer electronic display devices such as computers, projectors, smartphones, and smart TVs require transfer of digital video and audio content at high resolution is the major factor that drives the DVI cable market growth. However, growth of wireless technologies and blurred nature of transmitted signals in case of high resolution in large displays tend to hamper the market growth.
On the contrary, use of DVI cables in automobiles to connect smartphones and devices to automotive infotainment systems influence device-consumer interaction, which further boosts the market revenue. Ongoing technological advancements provide optimized performance of products as well as makes it large used in downstream applications, which is expected to present new pathways to the DVI cable industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Leading DVI cable market players are adopting necessary steps to improve precision, resolution, and performance of interconnected systems enabling digital systems to be connected to an array of displays.
In November 2019, Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions introduced Thunderbolt 3 ports with physical USB-C connector that have various advantages over standard USB-C port. Thunderbolt 3 technology offers bidirectional data transfer at 40Gbps speed and USB-C power delivery, which supports up to 100watts for device charging.
It opens ample opportunities for powerful computing and also provides 4K video resolution on dual Display Port displays. This solution provides portable docking station with display, Gigabit Ethernet, and peripheral connections. In addition, they support transfer of high-resolution video, charge high power devices, and transmit large amount of data more rapidly.
Surge in Use in Automotive and Industrial Applications
In July 2019, Belkin, a global consumer electronic leader, launched a robust cable range, BOOSTCHARGE built with DuraTek and is available in three different lengths and three different colors. BOOSTCHARGE made with DuraTek collection has been re-engineered to maximize cable durability and strength while also featuring convenient leather straps to keep cables organized, tidy, and tangle-free.
The cable is compatible with USB Power Delivery, making it ideal for fast charging USB-PD chargers. Outer jacket of the cable is hard-wearing double braided nylon that resists damage, provides improved strain relief and is available in 4ft, 6ft, and 10ft lengths with strap that keeps cable neatly coiled and tangle-free.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of the DVI Cable market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed DVI Cable market analysis.
- The current DVI Cable market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- China is the manufacturing hub of electronic control items and semiconductor devices. The COVID-19 outbreak has led to shutdown of manufacturing units. The ultimate impact in China and globally, owing to effect of coronavirus on sales loss seems to be uncertain.
- The overall DVI cable industry is experiencing both challenges and opportunities as in response to social distancing measures, many manufacturers of electronic components are forced to temporarily shut down, lay off employees, or begin remote operations.
- In response to the crisis, use of DVI cables in medical electronics devices for power supply of computer automated systems, endoscopes, X-ray equipment, which are used for continuous treatment of COVID-19 infected patients, are still in demand. In addition, these components are used in cabling infrastructure of network systems of data centers to fulfill high demand of data traffic without any interruption related to power supply as well as for high data transfer, which ensures high-level functionality of equipment every day.
- The DVI cable market is currently experiencing demand shortfall, owing to unprecedented lockdown of automotive operations in industries, corporate sectors, and business firms followed by transportation restrictions. This is expected to make steady rebound after commencement of operations supported by production of components.
Questions Answered in the DVI Cable Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the DVI cable market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on DVI cable market size?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the DVI Cable market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
DVI Cable Market Report Highlights
By Data Rate
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Tripp Lite, Sony Corp., Shenzhen DNS, Belkin, CE-LINK, Hitachi, Philips, Panasonic Corp., Kramer Electronics, Nordost Corp.