The E-coat process is a method of painting, which uses electrical current to deposit the paint. A metal part is immersed in a water-based solution containing a paint emulsion. An electric voltage is applied to the part causing the paint emulsion to condense onto the part. The applied voltage limits the coating thickness. As areas of high voltage build a coating, they become insulators, thus allowing lower voltage areas to build up. Finally, the interior of a part can be coated since the exterior is fully insulated by the coating.
E-coat materials offer superior performance and better properties such as corrosion resistant & enhanced adhesion, which drive the growth of the market. In addition, development of end-user industries, and technological advancement propel the growth of the market. However, high cost of equipment hampers the market growth. The growth of the automotive industry in emerging economies and potential prospects for e-coat from the shipbuilding & pipeline industries are expected to offer growth opportunity for the market.
The global e-coat market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is classified into cathodic epoxy, cathodic acrylic, and anodic. By application, it is categorized into passenger cars, commercial vehicles, automotive parts & accessories, heavy-duty equipment, and appliances. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some Of The Key Players In The Global Market Include:
- Axalta Coating Systems
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
- The Valspar Corporation
- Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- KCC Corporation
- Luvata OY
- Hawking Electrotechnology Ltd.
- Noroo Paint & Coatings Co., Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise e-coat market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
E-coat Market Key Segments:
- Cathodic Epoxy
- Cathodic Acrylic
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Automotive Parts & Accessories
- Heavy-Duty Equipment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA