E-commerce also is known as electronic commerce refers to the buying and selling of commodities electronically through online services. E-commerce has grown rapidly in recent times and almost every product is available on online platforms. The e-commerce liquor is selling and purchasing of alcoholic beverages through online platforms. The millennial and Z generations are more reliable on e-commerce purchasing rather than the retail stores; therefore, boosting the growth of the e-commerce market. The emerging technologies have improved the direct-to-consumer (D2C) sales, online grocery, and online liquor stores. The beverage industry has inclined toward e-commerce platforms to make their online presence throughout the world and directly connect to the requirements of the consumer. The digital platforms and third-party apps have created the trend of buy-online and pick-up in-store functions. Wine holds the largest market share in the e-commerce liquor market followed by beer and other liquors.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created a positive impact on the e-commerce liquor market, as the shutdown of liquor stores and retail stores has declined the sales of retail liquor market and shifted the consumer focus toward online platforms.
- The e-commerce liquor has highly become operational in many countries to prevent the mass gathering and spread of coronavirus disease.
- The supply chain has been affected due to the transportation restriction which has resulted in delayed deliveries.
- The post COVID-19 scenario is anticipated profitable for the e-commerce liquor market due to the increase in use of e-commerce platforms and regulations to prevent the mass gathering.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
E-commerce has presented an easy mode of purchasing and transactions for consumers. The alcoholic liquor market is growing at a slow rate but the presence of the liquor market on e-commerce has created a new experience for the consumers. The increase in consumption of alcohol, the surge in e-commerce, direct-to-consumer sales, presence of beverage industry on online platforms, expanding business model, third-party platforms and applications, ease of transaction and payment methods, the safety of the product, availability of information about the product such as alcohol content and aging, availability of rare and specialty liquors, increase in online grocery sales, availability of variants to the consumer, increased disposable income, the surge in urbanization and packaging innovation are the key drivers which lead the growth of the global e-commerce liquor market. However, government regulations and limitations, lack in the adoption of technical innovations, less customer engagement, the high price of the products, availability of liquor stores, supply chain hurdles, slow growth of the e-commerce liquor, taxes on alcoholic beverages, license, and documentation hurdles hinder the market growth.
The global e-commerce liquor market trends are as follows:
Availability of specialty liquor on e-commerce
E-commerce liquor has created a new trend and experience for consumers to purchase the different varieties of liquor and easy delivery options straight to their homes. Several wines, beer, and spirits are made available for the local deliveries as well as store pickups creating awareness and promotions about the specialty liquor stores as well. E-commerce liquor is expanding widely due to the presence of online grocery, online liquor stores, on-demand delivery apps, online specialty retailers, and direct-to-consumers.
The liquor manufacturing companies are inclined toward enhancing the customer experience and increasing the variants of specialty liquors online. They are not only limited to the residential supplies but are also delivering commercially to the restaurants and stores. The increase in partnerships and acquisitions with online retailers have provided a new opportunity for the liquor market. China, France, and the UK are leading shareholders in the market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global e-commerce liquor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global e-commerce liquor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global e-commerce liquor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global e-commerce liquor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the E-commerce Liquor Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the e-commerce liquor market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
E-Commerce Liquor Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Minibar,, Harris Teetar,, Fresh Direct,, Danta., Walmart To Go,, Delivery.com,, Total Wine,, Thirstie,, Wine.com,, Drizly,, Vivino,, Safeway,, BevMo,