E-prescribing (also termed as electronic prescribing) is a technology which allows physicians and other medical practitioners to write and send accurate, error-free prescriptions to a pharmacy electronically. This does not involve usage of handwritten or faxed notes or call-in prescriptions.
The global E-prescribing market is driven by increased focus on the reduction of fraud and abuse of drugs, government initiatives to digitalize healthcare systems, and increasing focus on reducing medication errors. However, high deployment costs and reluctance of people and healthcare providers to adopt new technologies restrain the market growth. Conversely, increasing healthcare expenditure and improved healthcare infrastructure in developing economies are expected to provide numerous opportunities for market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the market based on product, delivery mode, end-user, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into solutions and services. On the basis of delivery mode, it is categorized into web & cloud-based and on-premise modes. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico); Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific); and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The major companies profiled in the report include General Electric Company, Epic Systems Corporation, Cerner Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., and Quality Systems, Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the global market.
E-Prescribing Market Key Segments
- Integrated Solutions
- Standalone Solutions
- Support & Maintenance Services
- Implementation Services
- Network Services
- Training & Education Services
By Delivery Mode
- Web & Cloud-based
By End User
- Office-based Physicians
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA