ECG cable and ECG lead wires market is expected to grow in upcoming years due to factors such as increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and rise in geriatric population across the world.
ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires are used in electrocardiography (ECG) procedure, which helps in recording the electric activity of the human heart with assistance of electrodes which are placed on the skin. The electrodes work by detection of the electrical activity of the heart muscle’s electrophysiological patterns. In an electrocardiograph there are 10 electrodes and 12 – lead ECG’s, which are placed on the limbs and surface of chest of the patient. The electrocardiograph can be used to decode the properties of heart such as position of heart chambers, rate and rhythm of heartbeats, size of heart, detection of damage to the heart muscles due to cardiac drugs. An ECG is performed when there are indications such as fainting, heart attack, seizures, chest pain and shortness of breath.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have a significant impact on the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as rise in geriatric population across the world and increase in number of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases are expected to rise the growth for the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market.
- Rise in technological advancements made in the electrocardiograph procedure and awareness about the treatment for the disorders has boosted the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market growth.
- Favorable regulatory policies and trend of strategic mergers and acquisitions is driving the growth of the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market.
- However, factors such as high cost associated with disposable cables and lead wires, turbulent inventions and unexplored emerging markets are expected to hamper the growth for the market during the forecast period.
New Product Launch / News:
- In May 2019, AliveCor announced FDA clearance for KardiaMobile 6L, which is the first six-lead personal ECG device worldwide. This clearance would give the patients and physicians a detailed view of the patient’s hearts, thus, it would help in treatment of arrhythmias, which is one of the major causes of cardiovascular disease.
- In March 2019, a team of clinicians and engineers at the IT – Instituto de Telecomunicações and Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal in Portugal have now modified an off-the-shelf electronic stethoscope to also perform ECG and PCG recording and auto analysis. The 3M Littmann 3200 is a popular high-end stethoscope, and now the Portuguese team added some of its own 3D printed hardware and custom electrodes on top of the diaphragm.
- In October 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared the peerbridge cor multi-channel remote ECG monitor, which was patented in 2012. The Peerbridge Cor will generate a quantitative analysis on each study while providing information precision to a stage where it is possible to measure personal rhythm centers.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market growth & why?
ECG Cable and ECG Lead Wires Market Report Highlights
By Machine Type
By Patient Care Setting
Key Market Players
3M Company, CONMED Corporation, Becton, SCHILLER AG, Medtronic plc., Koninklijke Philips N.V, Boston Scientific Corporation, General Electric Company, Welch Allyn, Toshiba Corporation., Curbell Medical Products, Mindray Medical International Limited, OSI Systems, Dickinson and Company