Education PC Market Outlook - 2030
A personal computer is defined as a multi-purpose computer whose capabilities, size, and price make it feasible for individual use. Fast growth in the learning and education industry is the major factor contributing in the growth of the education PC market. The education PCs are equipped to deliver relevant content in video and animation form via the internet. Moreover, advancement in technology such as augmented reality; virtual reality and 3D animation have encouraged application developers to integrate these technologies into educational concepts to provide modern methods of learning to students.
The global education PC market is segmented on the basis of product, application and region. Based on product, the market is divided into desktop, laptop, and tablets. In terms of application, the market is categorized into primary education, secondary education, higher education, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global education PC industry include Major players analyzed include Apple Inc., Dell, HP Development Company, Canon Inc., Lenovo, LG Electronics, Microsoft Corporation, Toshiba, IBM Corporation, Samsung, Sony Mobile Communications Inc. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global education PC market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected educational systems worldwide, leading to the near-total closures of schools, early childhood education and care (ECEC) services, universities and colleges.
- As a result, education has changed dramatically, with the distinctive rise of e-learning, whereby teaching is undertaken remotely and on digital platforms.
- Hence, given the rise in the need for remote working and digital learning, the Personal Computer (PC) industry has seen an increase in demand for devices.
- To emerge strongly from covid 19 crisis education pc companies are likely to develop effective crisis management strategies including emphasis on next-generation products, and solutions, reducing Education PC and Tablet R&D budgets, Constant monitoring on Education PC market trends, Systematic approaches to investment, carefully launching marketing strategies and Others
- After facing series of challenges such as supply chain disruption, demand fluctuations, other pressing concerns during pandemic, companies are revising their strategies through modifying the composition of product portfolios, investing in capital expenditures, R&D strategies, mergers and acquisitions, and other growth strategies.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in Internet and Broadband penetration, rise in demand for high speed internet, and surge in the demand for digital learning methods are the major drivers that boost the growth of the education PC market. However rise in lack of awareness and infrastructure to support the education system in certain countries is expected to hinder the growth of the global education PC market to a certain extent. The initial investment for implementing systems and technology is expected to restrain the global education PC market to a certain extent.
Government initiatives for e-learning and digital education implementation across the globe to enhance learning and increase literacy rate are projected to drive the industry growth over the next eight years. For example, Digital India and Skill India. Rise in digitalization in education institutions has been instrumental in driving the growth of the education PC market. However, increasing penetration of smartphones might hamper market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
The education PC market is highly cost intensive and requires massive investment for initial setup. Industry participants are investing heavily in R&D initiatives to develop superior products. Companies are taking several strategic initiatives to increase their customer base and penetrate the market deeper, especially in the developing regions. Prominent industry participants include IBM Corp., SMART Technologies Inc., AT&T Technologies Inc., Blackboard Inc., Dell Inc., Apple Inc., Microsoft Corp., HP, Lenovo Group Ltd., Toshiba, Panasonic, Samsung, Alphabetic Computer Services, Compaq, LG, Sony, AsusTek, HCL, and NEC.
The rise in consumer demand for thinner, lighter, and more sophisticated laptops with advanced functionalities have compelled PC manufacturers to focus on developing laptops embedded with SSDs. PC manufacturers are now introducing new SSDs, which is ideal for business PCs, laptops, desktop PCs, notebooks, and high-performance PCs. For instance, in February 2019, Micron Technology, Inc. added a new cost-efficient SSD called Micron 1300 to its client computing product portfolio, which is ideal for personal computing devices. The use of such SSDs improves the overall performance of laptops, which is crucial in driving sales. With the new product launches, the demand for PC peripherals will increase during the forecast period.
Rising Digitization Across the Globe
Rise in digitization has created a strong demand for PCs, laptops, and notebooks among educational institutions. These factors drive the growth of the global educational PC market. Online education plays an important role in education institutions which has increased the need of bring your own device (BYOD). In addition, the advancement in the smart training methods has become the key driver for the growth of global education PC market. It plays an important role in providing learning resources like in distance education.
Developing countries are taking various initiatives to implement digitization and to be able to reach across the globe also various initiatives are being taken in E-Learning platforms to make education easy, convenient and accessible for the people due to which demand for PC products like laptops, computers, desktop and tablets is rising and education PC market is growing. Digital India and Skill India are among the several government initiatives launched to spread digital literacy in India.
Few more such examples are e-Basta (schools’ books in digital form), e-Education (all schools connected with broadband and free Wi-Fi) in all schools, Swayam (MOOCs based on curriculum taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation), and India Skills Online (learning portal for skill training). Clearly, the government initiatives go a long way in reaping benefits of online education. Emerging economies Latin America and Africa are expected to offer large number of opportunities to the industry participants during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the education PC market outlook along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunity along with detailed analysis of the education PC market share.
- The current education PC market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global education PC market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global education PC market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Education PC Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the education PC market size?
- What the current trends will influence the education PC industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the education PC market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Education PC Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Acer Inc., ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Dell, HCL, HP Development Company, L.P., Microsoft, IBM, LG Electronics, Lenovo, Apple, Inc.