- Elastomer bearings are devices placed between two elements in a bridge structure. Elastomeric bearings support vertical loads with minimal compression, ensuring the transmission of loads from one element to the other.
- Effective and economical, elastomer bearings are commonly used in modern bridge bearing. They are mostly used in the construction of large span bridges and in the buildings industry. Elastomer bearings are manufactured and designed based on specifications and standards laid down by organizations such as European Norms En 1337, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), and British Standards.
- An elastomer bearing contains various components such as elastomer, steel plates, and rubber. The internal structure of elastomer bearings comprises a sandwich of mild steel shims and rubber, molded as one unit.
- The global elastomer bearings market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increased demand for elastomer bearings in the construction industry to make bridge structures that act as a supporting surface between a deck and bridge pier or beam.
Covid impact on industry -
COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in elastomer bearing market , mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of elastomer bearing market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Rise in demand for elastomer bearings from the construction industry
As there is rise in demand for elastomer bearings from the construction industry to make bridge structures that signifies growth in country from construction sector is a major factor expected to fuel the demand for elastomer bearings in the next few years. Also, Growing demand to upgrade transportation facilities and improve existing road infrastructure to deliver better accessibility is estimated to increase the market in the next few years. As there is increase in investments in the transportation sector and increase in the number of large public infrastructure projects are also predicted to drive the market for elastomer bearings in the next few years. Furthermore, increasing demand for construction activities in the transportation sector is anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomer bearings during the forecast period.
Regulations laid down by governments to assure safety of operations in the transportation sector is anticipated to further boost the global elastomer bearings market in the near future.
Rise in innovations and advancements in elastomer bearings
Rise in innovations and advancements in elastomer bearings is expected to propel the market growth in the upcoming years. Elastomer bearings are components that has much importance in construction of transport infrastructures, especially highways .also , growing travel and tourism activities in tourism-driven countries is leading to the launch of many hospitality-related infrastructure projects in these countries, which is expected to indirectly influence the demand for elastomer bearings. The cost of elastomer bearings is less than other inspection tools. This is predicted to increase the market during the forecast period. However, availability of inferior quality, low-cost elastomer bearings is expected to hinder the market in the next few years
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the elastomer bearings market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future of the market
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the elastomer bearings market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the elastomer bearings market growth scenario.
Elastomer Bearings Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Granor Rubber & Engineering Pty. Limited, Canam Group Inc., MAURER SE, Cosmec Inc., Ekspan Limited, BRP Manufacturing, Freyssinet Limited, Redwood Plastics and Rubbe, DOSHIN RUBBER PRODUCTS (M) SDN. BHD., D.S. Brown