Electrodialysis (ED) is a process of laboratory membrane separation. This process includes the transportation of ions through ion-permeable membranes, from one stream to another, under the influence of a voltage potential gradient. Electrodialysis (ED) is used in laboratories and recycling environments.
The two types of membranes used are cation-exchange membranes that only allow cations to be transported and anion-exchange membranes that only allow anions through. These membranes are impermeable to liquids. A large number of alternating cation and anion-exchange membranes are assembled, while diluted and concentrated compartments are formed known as an electrodialysis stack.
Electrodialysis equipment does not use phase change to separate ions and thus uses low energy, which promotes the market for it. Also, the ED treated brackish water requires only limited pre-treatment as the water is already desalted, which is why the extra efforts are saved and the process is made easy and less complex, leading to its popularity. However, the factors that may restrain the market are colloids and SiO2 that are not removed by the ED system and feedwater pre-treatment that is necessary to prevent ED stacks from fouling. With the rising trend of water preservation movements, clean water movements, and others, the future opportunities for electrodialysis are expected to grow.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is segmented into continuous electrodialysis and batch electrodialysis. On the basis of application, it is segmented into seawater desalination, laboratory, recycling environments, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in the market include PCCell GmbH, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, GE Corporation, C-Tech Innovation Ltd, ASTOM Corporation, AGC Engineering Co. Ltd., EURODIA INDUSTRIE SA, MEGA International, SnowPure LLC, and Saltworks Technologies Inc.
- Porters five forces model helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive sketch of the market, which is expected to guide the market players to develop strategies accordingly.
- It outlines the current trends and future scenario of the market from 2016 to 2023 to understand the prevailing opportunities and investment pockets.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the electrodialysis systems and equipment market to identify potential investment pockets.
- The key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and their detailed impact analyses have been elucidated.
Electrodialysis Systems And Equipment Market Key Segments:
- Continuous Electrodialysis
- Batch Electrodialysis
- Seawater Desalination
- Recycling Environments
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- PCCell GmbH
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- GE Corporation
- C-Tech Innovation Ltd
- ASTOM Corporation.
- AGC Engineering Co. Ltd.
- EURODIA INDUSTRIE SA
- MEGA International
- SnowPure LLC
- Saltworks Technologies Inc.