The global electroless plating market is experiencing a significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Electroless plating is a technique of plating metals by chemical rather than electrical means, wherein a piece to be plated is immersed in a reducing agent that when catalyzed by certain materials, changes metal ions to metal that forms a deposit on the piece. A key expansion of electroless plating has introduced in the area of plastics as in the plating of printed electronic circuits. Several consumer goods are coated by this method to create durable and attractive surfaces. The most common electroless plating technique is electroless nickel plating, although silver, gold and copper layers can also be applied using this technique. Electroless plating is also commonly known as chemical plating or auto-catalytic plating.
The global electroless plating market is segmented on the basis of Type, Industry Vertical, and Region. Based on Type, the electroless plating market is divided into Lоw-Рhоѕрhоruѕ Еlесtrоlеѕѕ Nісkеl, Меdіum-Рhоѕрhоruѕ Еlесtrоlеѕѕ Nісkеl, Ніgh-Рhоѕрhоruѕ Еlесtrоlеѕѕ Nісkеl, Еlесtrоlеѕѕ Сорреr, and Еlесtrоlеѕѕ Соmроѕіtеѕ, and others. On the basis of Industry Vertical, the market is categorized into Chemical & Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Energy & Power, Automotive, Food & Beverages, Healthcare, and Others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global electroless plating market include Shanghai Xinyang Semiconductor Materials, MacDermid Incorporated, KC Jones Plating Company, Atotech, Bales, Coventya, okuno chemical industries, C.Uyemura & Co., Ltd, ARC Technologies, INCERTEC, Sharretts Plating, Erie Plating, Tawas Plating, Japan Kanigen. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- Several major market players have ceased the production of electroless plating amidst the lockdown.
- The demand for electroless plating has experienced a downfall during the coronavirus pandemic due to the negatively-affected supply chain amid lockdown.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is receding slowly in countries such as China and India and governments are now lifting the lockdown to start the industrial activities. This is likely to be a huge opportunity for several electroless plating manufacturers in these countries to grow and generate maximum revenue.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in need for circuit miniaturization and micro electric devices has increased the demand for electroless plating against traditional plating, owing to better shielding properties and cost-effectiveness of electroless plating, which drives the global electroless plating market growth. Though, lethargic growth of the semiconductor industry and fluctuating raw material prices restrain the market growth. On the other hand, rise in demand for electroless plating from healthcare and aerospace verticals generate new opportunities for the electroless plating market size.
Nickel segment to drive the market
On the basis of type, the nickel segment is estimated to hold more than half of the total share of the global electroless plating industry. This is attributed to properties of electroless nickel plating for chemical purity, water resistance, corrosion resistance ductility, and chemical hardness, which is useful for protection of automotive and aerospace components. This is attributed to the benefits of electroless composites plating for thermal advantages, tensile strength, electrical conductivity, durability, hardness, and conductivity, making it a suitable component for use in electronic components.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global electroless plating industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and along with a detailed global electroless plating market opportunity analysis.
- The electroless plating market trends are quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global electroless plating market share scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global electroless plating market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the Electroless Plating Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the electroless plating market forecast?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the electroless plating market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Electroless Plating Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
okuno chemical industries, Atotech, Bales, KC Jones Plating Company, Shanghai Xinyang Semiconductor Materials, ARC Technologies, INCERTEC, MacDermid Incorporated, C.Uyemura & Co., Ltd, Coventya