An electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) is an electronic device comprising a battery, an atomizer, and an inhaler, which provides similar experience of tobacco smoking without inhalation of smoke. The device is filled with liquid solution containing nicotine, which is heated and converted into vapor, then inhaled, delivering the same amount of nicotine in a manner that is not harmful as compared to conventional cigarettes. Presently, this device is being recognized as an alternative of conventional cigarettes, as it offers benefits such as zero smoke, no pollution, reduces health-related problems, and can be smoked at public places.
The growth of the electronic cigarette market is driven by increase in health awareness, as e-cigarette is less harmful than conventional cigarettes. In addition, the facts that e-cigarette is socially acceptable and environment friendly drive the market growth. However, stringent government rules & regulations on manufacturing of e-cigarette and rise in the number of reported adverse events restrain the market growth. Irrespective to these challenges, factors such as adoption tobacco alternatives and expansion in untapped market of emerging economies are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
The global electronic cigarette market is segmented based on type, flavor, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into modular, disposable, and rechargeable. On the basis of flavor, it is classified into tobacco, botanical, fruit, sweet (caramel and honey), beverages, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Prominent players profiled in the report include Altria Group, Inc. British American Tobacco Plc., Japan Tobacco Inc., Imperial Brands Plc., Philip Morris International Inc., Reynolds American Inc., VMR Products LLC, Nicotek LLC, Njoy Inc., and International Vapor Group.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in electronic cigarette market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key segments between 2017 and 2023.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry helps to understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Electronic Cigarette MarketKey Segments:
- Sweet (Caramel and Honey)
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America,
- Middle East
Key Players in the Value Chain
- Altria Group, Inc.
- British American Tobacco Plc.
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Imperial Brands Plc.
- Philip Morris International Inc.
- Reynolds American Inc.
- VMR Products LLC
- Nicotek LLC
- Njoy Inc.
- International Vapor Group