Electronic latching system is an important and innovative system, which is widely used in different countries across the world.It removes the need to carry the keys,thereby keeping those keys safe. Electronic latching systems are safer than the conventional lock system. They can be operated only by the person who has the authority of unlocking the latch. In electronic latching system, electric current is used for the operation of a locking device.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for electronic latching system is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as manufacturing and electronics,owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the electronic latching system industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the electronic latching systemmarket significantly from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which have been badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors:Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Electronic latching system utilizes electric current tooperate. With the help of electronic latching system, the locking and unlocking of the door can be monitored and controlled remotely.This is one of the advantages of electronic latching system. This system is normally connected to the access control system. Various other advantages are provided by electronic latching systems such as proper access control in which time and place are important factors. Recording of activity, also known as transaction logging, can also be done by using electronic latching system. Electronic latching system consists of magnets, motor, and solenoid, which are used as an actuator to actuate the locking system by removing or supplying the power to the system. The actuators are used connect the cylinder to a small motor, which is present inside the door. An electric impulse is used for the controlling of the motor.
Furthermore, electronic latching systems are operated by using two mechanisms, operation mechanism and preventing mechanism. Various authentication methods are used for activation and deactivation of the electronic latching system such as Radio frequency identification (RFID), biometrics, passphrases, numerical codes, passwords, and security tokens. Electronic latching systems require less space and are considered to be safer than manual locking method. In most of the electric door locks, the combination of electronic locking control and physical locking control can be observed.The door has the provision for both manual operation of the lock and electronic operation of the lock. This provides extra safety and convenience to the user in case of any condition such as power shortage or key loss.
Electronic latching system is also used in cars as electronic doors system. The car usercan lock or unlock the doors of the car from some distance as well. There is no need to physically insert the key.In addition, there is development of smart homes in many countries across the globe. Electronics is an important factor in these smart homes projects. Most of the things involved in smart homes are based on electronics. This could be the key driving factor for the growth of the electronic latching system market.Compared to manual locking methods, electronic latching systems are much more easy and convenient for users. Therefore, the demand for electronic latching system is expected to rise during the forecast period.
Key restraining factors for the growth of the electronic latching systems
Electronic latching system requires advanced electronics components, which are costly. Therefore, the overall cost of the electronic latching system also increases. This could restrain many users from using electronic latching systems.However, many people in different countries are not aware about the operation of electronic latching systems.This lack of awareness could be another restraining factor for the growth of the electronic latching system.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the electronic latching system market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the electronic latching system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the electronic latching system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Electronic Latching System Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Authentication Method
Key Market Players
Inteva Products, LLC, Mitsui Mining and Smelting Co., Ltd, Minda VAST Access Systems Pvt. Ltd., Shivani Locks Pvt. Ltd., Magna International, Inc., Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd, U-Shin, Ltd., Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co., Strattec Security Corporation, Kiekert AG