Surfactants are compounds that are used to lower the surface tension between two liquids, whether they are gases and liquids or liquids and solids. They are hydrophobic and hydrophilic organic compounds having hydrophobic and hydrophilic groups. They provide functions such as detergents, dispersants, foaming agents, emulsifiers and wetting agents. Sustainable chemistry is used to create electronic surfactants. This aids in the reduction of surface tension in semiconductor applications. They have wetting agent-like properties that help improve levelling and flow control. Electronic surfactants also have a low surface tension in a variety of aqueous solutions used in electronic processing. They have characteristics including stability, better wetting, low concentration and increased solubility. The non-ionic surfactant segment is predicted to increase at a slower rate, whereas the amphoteric surfactant segment is expected to grow at a faster rate. Homecare and personal care, industrial, agriculture, building & construction, textiles, paints & coatings, food processing, oil & gas and others are the end-use industries in the market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The electronic surfactants market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The industries such as food processing, textile, oil and gas, paints and coatings, building and construction and others were shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic this decreases the demand for electronic surfactants which affected the electronic surfactants market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of electronic surfactants decreased and the global supply chain was affected, this decreased the demand for electronic surfactants market.
- The electronic surfactants market faced downfall of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
Low raw material prices, combined with lower production costs, are estimated to boost penetration during the projection period. Surfactants give foam and emulsion stability and viscosity. This is expected to stimulate product demand from a variety of end-user sectors. The usage of electronic surfactants on a large scale can have negative effects on the environment and human health. As a result, different laws on the use of electronic surfactants have been imposed by government bodies. The toxicity level in the production of electronic surfactants must be within the allowable range. These restrictions limit the market for electronic surfactants. Market participants are turning away from traditional electronic surfactants and toward green and bio-based surfactants.
- People's purchasing power in China and India in Asia Pacific has been increasing. In these countries, this is fuelling the market for electronic surfactants.
- North America is home to several of the world's leading manufacturers. The region's need for electronic surfactants is increasing.
- Rapid expansion of the electronics and personal care sectors, the electronic surfactants market in Europe is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as acquisition, mergers, contract, agreement and partnership to expand their business.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the electronic surfactants industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the electronic surfactants market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the electronic surfactants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed electronic surfactants market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Electronic Surfactants Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Takemoto Oil and Fat, Sino Japan Chemical, Toho Chemical Industry, Taiwan Surfactants, Nouryon, DKS Corporation, Akchemtech, 3M, Stepan Company, Galaxy Surfactants