Electronic Wet Chemicals Market Outlook – 2030
Electronic wet chemicals play a significant part in the production and handling of semiconductors. These chemicals are broadly utilized in different applications such as flat panel displays, photovoltaic cells, LED creation, and semiconductor chip fabricating. A wide assortment of electronic wet chemicals is accessible on the marketplace. These include phosphoric corrosive electronic grade, hydrogen peroxide electronic grade, and hydrofluoric corrosive electronic grade electronic wet chemicals. Hydrogen peroxide is one of the main electronic wet chemicals used in the semiconductor business. Super high purity grades of hydrogen peroxide are utilized in the etching of printed circuit sheets related to sulfuric corrosive. Hydrogen peroxide is a key substance utilized in the production of semiconductor chips. Hydrofluoric acid in the mix with ammonium fluoride is utilized as an anisotropic scratching specialist in the wafer cleaning measure. Electronic wet chemical substances are accessible in three structures: solid, fluid, and gas. Fluid electronic materials for utilized to polish and clean the inner pieces of electronic gadgets, while vaporous materials are utilized in the production of LEDs, solar photovoltaic cells, and flat-panel displays.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- During the pandemic, the Aerospace & Defense, Medical plants were temporarily on halt, which has resulted in less consumption of electronic wet chemicals in these industries, which in turn has adverse impact on the market.
- Automotive industry has been severely affected due to the nationwide lockdowns. It has hampered the automotive production in various countries. Being the major application area for electronic wet chemicals, it restricted the growth prospect of the market.
- The trade restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic hamper demand and supply chain of the electronic wet materials market.
Top Impacting Factors
The electronic wet chemicals market is highly penetrated in the electronics and semiconductor industries. They are prominently used in modern technology industries such as new energy, modern communications, computers, information network technology, microcomputer mechanical intelligence systems, industrial automation, and home appliances which in turn acting as a driving factor for the market. Electronic wet chemicals are available in ultra-purest form due to which they are extensively used in cleaning and etching application during semiconductor production and processing. Also, an increase in the use of semiconductors and integrated chips in the manufacturing of electrical components gives rise to the electronic wet chemicals market in the forecasted period. However, stringent health and environmental regulations regarding certain chemicals are acting as the restraining factor for the market. Some of the chemicals and certain gases including hydrogen chloride gas, flammable gases, and various types of solvents, are harmful to the environment, as well as humans. Moreover, Improved IT infrastructure and upcoming technologies such as AI and IoT are the emerging opportunities that are creating a lucrative demand for electronic wet chemicals in the market. Furthermore, technologies such as memory chips and data centers are reducing at a fast pace due to the introduction of cloud-based storage which is the cause of the decline in the production of memory chips, which in turn declines the demand for electronic wet chemicals. Thus, the Rapid decline in the use of old technologies directly affecting the demand for electronic wet chemicals, acting as a major challenge for market growth.
- In July 2019, Solvay announced that it will expand the limit of its hydrogen peroxide plant in Jemeppe-Sur-Sambre (Belgium), permitting H2O2 production to increase. The organization is additionally wanting to extend the capacities of plants in Bernburg and Voikkaa. These will satisfy the developing product demand in Europe, in existing and new applications.
- In June 2019, Kanto Chemical Co. Inc invested around USD 63.7 million to extend its production facility in Taiwan to satisfy the developing need of significant neighborhood customers from the semiconductors business. This facility will build the yearly portfolio of semiconductor items from 120,000 tons to 200,000 tons.
- In August 2018, Cabot Microelectronics obtained KMG chemicals (US) and became a leading chemical supplier of consumable materials to semiconductors in the North American area. The acquisition will supplement the current arrangement of Cabot and increase customer touchpoints with driving semiconductor producers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the electronic wet chemicals industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the electronic wet chemicals market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the electronic wet chemicals market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed electronic wet chemicals market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the electronic wet chemicals Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the electronic wet chemicals market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Which Government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
- What are the key barriers to enter for the new players in the market?
- What value proposition should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
Electronic wet chemicals market by form Report Highlights
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Cabot Microelectronics, BASF AG, Shin-Etsu (Japan), Hitachi Chemical, Songwon, Solvay A.G., Covestro, Linde plc, Air Liquid, Air Products