Electrostrictive materials are similar to piezoelectric materials because they are ferroelectric crystals, which exhibit a dimensional change upon an applied electric field or an electric polarization in an applied mechanical stress. However, electrostrictive actuators use a lead-magnesium-niobate (PMN) crystal stack while piezoelectric actuators use lead-zirconate-titanate (PZT)-based ceramics. Electrostrictive transducers are used in a number of applications that include adaptive optic systems, scanning tunneling microscopes, and precision micropositioners.
High demand from the end use industry and a wider operation range under extreme environments drive the growth of the electrostrictive material market. However, the high costs of electrostrictive materials hamper the demand for the electrostrictive material market. The increasing use of piezoelectric materials in nanotechnology is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
The global electrostrictive material market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is divided into lead magnesium niobate-lead titanate, and polymer. By application, it has been categorized into actuator, transducer, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players that operate in the electrostrictive material industry include:
- Artificial Muscle
- Ecertec Ltd
- TRS Technologies, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Noliac A/S
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, emerging estimations, and dynamics in the electrostrictive material market.
- In-depth analysis of the market has been conducted and estimations for key segments between 2017 and 2023 have been provided.
- The global industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market has been provided.
- The market share for all segments with respect to geography has been provided in detail in the report.
- Key market players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which provide a competitive outlook of the industry trends.
Global Electrostrictive Material Market Key Segments:
- Lead Magnesium Niobate-Lead Titanate
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA