Emergency cervical collars are used as orthopedic braces for patients who have suffered traumatic head or neck injuries, and can be employed in treating chronic conditions. These are available in various sizes to accommodate adults, children, and infants suffering from cervical injuries and disorders. The use of emergency cervical collars has increased with increase in incidence of trauma-related injuries. For instance, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimated that 14,390 neck fractures were treated at the U.S. hospital emergency rooms in 2009, out of which 2,692 were related to sports.
The major factors that drive the emergency cervical collar market are increase in incidence of cervical disorders, mainly cervical spondylitis, rise in geriatric population who are more prone to neck & head pain, growth awareness programs, and technological advancements in developing new cervical collar products. In addition, high incidence of road accidents and sports-related injuries, and change in lifestyle of the people are expected to propel the market growth. However, cervical collars increase intracranial pressure, and therefore they are uncomfortable for patients, which restrains this growth. The introduction of new innovative products by key vendors to replace the uncomfortable hard cervical collars and development in healthcare infrastructure in untapped emerging economies are expected to provide new market opportunities in the near future.
The global emergency cervical collar market is segmented on the basis of type, application, distribution network, end user, and region. On the basis of type, it is bifurcated into soft and rigid cervical collars. According to application, it is divided into traumatic head or neck injuries, whiplash & therapeutic usage, cervical radiculopathy, and neck pain. On the basis of distribution network, it is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and others (pharmacies and academic institutes). Based on end user, it is categorized into adult and children. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players profiled in this report include Bird and Cronin Inc., B.u.W. Schmidt GmbH, ssur Corporate, Ambu A/S, THUASNE SA, Weber Orthopedic Inc., Ferno (UK) Ltd., Me.Ber. srl, Oscar Boscarol Srl, and Laerdal Medical.
- Market analysis for the global emergency cervical collar market is provided with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- The report provides an extensive information about the current and upcoming trends in the market through 2016-2023, which help to determine the potential growth opportunities.
- Key drivers and restraints impacting the market are listed in the report.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market is presented.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow are analyzed.
Emergency Cervical Collar Market Key Segments:
- Soft Cervical Collars
- Rigid Cervical Collars
- Traumatic Head or Neck Injuries
- Whiplash & Therapeutic Usage
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Neck Pain
By Distribution Network
- Others (Pharmacies and Academic Institutes)
By End User
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA