Emergency medical service (EMS) products market is expected to grow in upcoming years due to factors such as rise in demand for emergency care services, increase in incidence of trauma and surge in expenditure for healthcare across the world.
Emergency medical service is a type of system that provides healthcare service when required in emergency. The service is active when there is some illness among the patients. The aim for this service is to provide emergency medical care to the patients. Emergency medical service is an intricate service and every component of the system has an important role in the treatment. Emergency medical service deals with acute care of patients and manages to treat medical, obstetric and surgical emergencies. Emergency medical services products are segmented based on type, application, end user and region. Types of the EMS products include patient monitoring system, wound care consumables, patient handling equipment, infection control supplies, personal protection equipment and others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on emergency medical service (EMS) products market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as rise in investments and funds in medical services and increase in cases of trauma injuries are expected to boost the growth for emergency medical services products market.
- Rise in healthcare expenditure and increase in number of hospitals will boost the emergency medical service (ems) products market growth in upcoming years.
- However, factors such as high price associated with emergency product and replacement of product due to irregular functioning are expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Lack of skilled professionals will hinder the growth for the market to some extent in upcoming years.
New Product Launch / News:
- In 2020, Personal protective equipment (PPE) is used by EMS personnel at all levels to prevent the risk of contracting an unwanted pathogen. Examples of PPE used in the field range from gloves, all the way to body isolation gowns used on the most high-risk patients. Adoption of PPE by EMS personnel has evolved over the years. Decades ago, the use of gloves was not widespread, whereas today, they are commonplace in almost every EMS call.
- In 2020, Demers Ambulances USA Inc. unveiled a new ambulance model from the CCL 150 product line of Crestline brand ambulances. The CCL 150 line of ambulances aims to provide a sigh of relief for U.S.-based EMS organizations who desire safe and durable ambulances, at an affordable price.
Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Products Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Danaher, Dickinson & Company, B. Braun, Philips Netherlands, Cardinal Health, Centurion Medical Products Terumo Corporation, Smith & Nephew, Medtronic, Becton, C. R. Bard, GE Healthcare, Asahi Kasei, Boston Scientific Corporation., Stryker, Johnson & Johnson, 3M