Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding is described as the reflection or absorption of electromagnetic radiation by using materials, which are positioned in the way of electromagnetic interference. EMI shielding can reduce electromagnetic fields, electrostatic fields and the coupling of radio waves. Due to the increase in usage of electronics in different industries such as aerospace & defense automotive, telecom & IT, healthcare, consumer electronics and others, the EMI shielding market has grown in the past decade. For the prevention of electronic devices malfunctioning by filtering the incoming and outgoing interferences various EMI shielding materials such as metals, conductive coatings, laminates and others are used. The increase in the global defense expenses by countries will positively affect the EMI shielding materials market as the product is used to shield weapon systems from interference.
Covid-19 Impact analysis
- The outbreak of the virus has declined the demand for EMI shielding materials due to the implementation of lockdown by the authorities in several regions. With very few industrial operations allowed, consumer electronics and automotive industries had experienced very low demand. Due to this, the market of EMI shielding experienced a decline in 2020.
- The shutdown of majority of industrial operations, consumer electronics and automotive industries has led to a halt in supply chain. The demands were not met on time as well as there was scarcity of labor due to migration.
- The restrictions on imports and exports by authorities in various countries made the movement of materials strenuous in various countries. Moreover, the financial problems were faced by many producers, which affected the market negatively.
Top Impacting factors
Increase in the demand for consumer electronics has created a positive influence on the EMI shielding in recent years and is expected to witness growth during the forecast period. Utilization of EMI with well-established methods and techniques is driving the market. Furthermore, the rising operations of various types of EMI shielding materials and technology in various application of automobile devices such as automatic sliding doors, keyless ignitions, remote starters, power seats and power windows among others is encouraging the EMI market to grow. EMI shield is standardized by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards Association. EMI shielding companies have to strictly follow these standards. These regulations that have to be followed to comply with those standards is limiting many EMI shielding providers to enter into the market. This may limit the growth of EMI shielding market during the forecast years.
New Product launch
- The EMI shielding materials are widely used in electronics, defense, aerospace, automotive, telecommunications, and medical. Among these, the electronic segment is a major factor for the growth as there are constant innovations in the electronic devices and the utilization of more advanced integrated chips and circuits in the devices that result in higher degree of radiations. Another EMI shields usage also includes GPS and radar devices which often cause high amount of emission.
- Numerous electronic products manufacturers Technistro, Coatex industries and others in various regions such as India, China, Japan and South Korea among others, are witnessing significant growth due to the increase in the spending on technological advanced EMI shielding technology.
- Conductive coatings and metals are the main materials used for EMI shields. Earlier, metals were majorly used, nowadays conductive coatings are used as it has superior qualities like high thermal conductivity and others.
- Product manufacturers are utilizing the conductive coatings and paints, which have EMI shielding for non-metallic surfaces and plastics in smartphones and telecommunication, medical and military devices. Apart from this, demand from the automotive industry for various applications like sliding doors, keyless ignitions and others is also creating a positive impact on the market growth.
- Factors such as ongoing demonstrations of field trials and pilot projects to develop the viability of 5G technology, and stringent environmental and EMC regulations across industries are driving the market. Rapid industrialization is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the EMI Shielding industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the EMI Shielding market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the EMI Shielding market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed EMI Shielding market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the EMI Shielding Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the EMI Shielding market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming Report specific
- What is "EMI Shielding"?
- What does "EMI Shielding" allow organizations to achieve?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "EMI Shielding" Market?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- Upcoming Report specific
EMI Shielding Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
RTP Company, ETS-Lindgren Inc., SCHAFFNER HOLDING AG, KGS, Laird PLC, Henkel Corporation, PPG Industries Inc., Leader Tech Inc., Kitagawa Industries Co. Ltd., 3M Company, PARKER HANNIFIN CORP