Emollient is a component that is used in cosmetics and other personal care products to moist or soften the skin. Emollients find their application in hair care products. Emollients are available in many shapes, including cream, lotion, gel and salts. Emollients protect the skin against evaporating its water content in the skin layer by creating the layer on the skins outside surface. Emollients may or may not be drugged. The ratio of oil or lipid to water content varies with the emollients, which are more oily and grateful in nature and have high lipid content. In the cure of dry, itchy, and smooth skin, the emollients are useful as they help to restore and repair the skin. Emollients are present in a variety of beauty products, including lipsticks, lotions, and others. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, As a result of the lockdown of operations in industrial undertakings, demand for emollients in cosmetics and other sectors has dropped.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government had to enforce strict lockdown that resulted in a complete shutdown of operations in cosmetics and other sectors. The demand for emollients fell since producers could not continue their business due to an interruption in operations and restrictions on mobility in the outdoors.
- Disruption in the supply channel was an important cause as emollients couldn't reach the industries for the production of final cosmetics and oral care products. The inappropriate distribution of emollient goods to specialized fabricators leads to an increase in the ultimate price of products when emollients are utilized as ingredients.
Top Impacting Factors
- In the process of producing cosmetic goods, the emollient industry is driven mostly by the changing trends in personal healthcare and wellness sectors. Moreover, the changing lifestyle and a growing awareness of physical appearance boost the need for personal health goods, raising the demand for emollients from the personal care sector. The growing need for personal care and wellness due to contemporary and changing lifestyles has boosted the emollient market as Emollients' needs from soap and other personal welfare sectors have increased. While the need for multifunctional beauty and personal care products is rising, the emollient industry is anticipated to be strengthened, mostly by cost-conscious customers.
- Some of the obstacles that might limit the growth of the emollient market include rigorous labeling regulations for cosmetic components and the availability of cheaper and greener replacements for emollients. In addition, the rigorous laws and compliance of regions and nations limit to a certain extent the emollient market, as the producers and suppliers of chemical components must produce correct data and proof of their origin.
Increase in Usage in Various End-use Industries
Emollient provide many sustainable features to formulations for personal care and can help solve complicated challenges in the production of cosmetic goods. In the personal care sector, hair care and skincare products are in great demand. The increase in demand is intended to encourage the expansion of the market. An ever ageing population and a growing usage of cosmetics goods are elements that contribute to the rapid expansion of the personal care sector in the youthful generation. Many vendors and chemical producers meet the growing demand for emollient components in dental care, hair, skin and others fast. The grooming market for men shows a good expansion, which in turn has a major impact on the worldwide emollient industry. In the following years, the expansion of organic and natural goods and cosmetic products for personal care would stimulate the market for emollients.
The Demand for Isopropyl Myristate is Higher than Other Emollient Products
Isopropyl myristate is mostly utilized as skin conditioning emollient for skincare products. It is a crucial cosmetic component that gives the skin a soft sense, which makes it desired by many makers of personal care goods. The formulations of bath oil are one of the major uses. For these reasons isopropyl myristate is demanded more than other emollients on the market due to its good characteristics such as low viscosity is actively absorbable in the skin and inhibits oxidation. The high demand for isopropyl myristate has positively affected the global emollient market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the emollient industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the emollient market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the emollient market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed emollient market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the emollient market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Emollient Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Sonneborn, LLC, Croda International Plc., The Lubrizol Corporation., Cargill, Innospec, Inc, Stephenson Group Limited., Vantage Specialty Ingredients Inc, Incorporated., Berg + Schmidt GmbH & Co. KG, BASF S.E, Evonik Industries AG., Oleon N.V