Encephalitis virus is a mosquito-borne Flavivirus and is transmitted via an enzootic cycle from mosquitoes to amplifying vertebrate hosts such as pigs and wading birds. It can easily be prevented using vaccines. It is the most common cause of encephalitis in Asia-Pacific. Encephalitis virus can easily be transmitted to humans through an infected mosquito bite and occurs primarily in rural agricultural areas. The risk of being infected by encephalitis virus is low; however, the incidence rate depends on duration, season, destination, and activities.
The high mortality and morbidity rate caused due to the incidence of encephalitis virus is a major factor that contributes to the market growth. There were early 35,00050,000 cases recorded annually, among which about 2030% deaths were reported; among the rest of the survivors, 30%50% suffered from neurologic or psychiatric sequelae. The rise in government initiatives and recommendation to immunize children with vaccines in high-risk countries such as China and India will help boost the market growth. In addition, an increase in the number of campaigns and programs to improve awareness regarding the benefits of these vaccines will also help fuel the market growth.
The global Japanese encephalitis vaccine market is segmented on the basis of type, strain, end user, and geography. Based on type, the market is categorized into mouse brain-derived, inactivated vaccine, cell culture-derived, inactivated vaccine, cell culture-derived, and live attenuated vaccine. Based on strain, the market is categorized into Nakayama, Beijing, P-3, and SA 14-14-2. Based on end-users, the market is bifurcated into child and adult. Based on geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Liaoning Chengda, Wuhan Institute of Biological Products, Valneva, Tiantan Biological Products, Sanofi Pasteur, Chengdu Institute of Biological Products, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products, Zhejiang Tianyuan Bio-Pharmaceutical, and Biken have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Encephalitis Vaccine Market Key Segments:
- Mouse Brain-Derived, Inactivated Vaccine
- Cell Culture-Derived, Inactivated Vaccine
- Cell Culture-Derived, Live Attenuated Vaccine
- SA 14-14-2
By End Users
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA