Endocarditis is an infection that transpires at the inner lining of the heart valves and heart chambers. If not treated at an early stage, it could damage the entire heart and heart valves and lead to life-threatening complications. People with artificial heart valves weakened or damaged heart valves, and other heart diseases are more sensitive to endocarditis. A changed heart murmur, fatigue, fever and chills, night sweating, aching joints and muscles, and pain in the chest during breathing are the common symptoms of endocarditis. Endocarditis occurs due to the spread of infection from other parts of the body. Therefore, the treatment is intended at the underlying causes of endocarditis such as the use of antibiotics.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the endocarditis drugs market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in number of cases of endocarditis and other cardiovascular diseases, and increase in consciousness regarding endocarditis therapy drive the growth of the endocarditis drugs market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch the novel drug in the market; and scientific advancements, are some factors, which boost the market growth for endocarditis drugs.
- However, lack of knowledge about endocarditis treatment and associated complications hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government for regulatory approval will present new pathways in the industry.
New product launches to flourish the market
In October 2020, -- ContraFect Corporation a clinical-stage biotechnology company declared that it has begun an expanded access program to provide exebacase for the treatment of persistent bacteremia caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Exebacase is currently being studied in Phase 3 DISRUPT (Direct Lysis of Staph aureus Resistant Pathogen Trial) superiority design study of exebacase in patients with Staph aureus bacteremia, including right-sided endocarditis.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the endocarditis drugs industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the endocarditis drugs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the endocarditis drugs market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed endocarditis drugs market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the endocarditis drugs Report
- Which are the leading players active in the endocarditis drugs market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the endocarditis drugs market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the endocarditis drugs market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Endocarditis drugs"?
- What is "Endocarditis drugs" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Endocarditis drugs" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Endocarditis drugs" Market report?
Endocarditis Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
By Drug Class
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Galderma S.A., Fresenius Kabi AG, Pfizer, Inc., Elli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Mylan N.V., Allergan, Novartis AG