Enhanced Vision System Market Outlook - 2027
Enhanced vision systems are state-of-the-art technologies that integrate information from all aircraft sensors to view electronic representations of external environments in realtime. An enhanced vision system is a type of imaging camera that detects infrared energy that is radiated from objects and creates the possibility to display a real-time video image on a dedicated video monitor. The primary aim of improved systems of vision is to improve awareness of situations. An upgraded vision system helps remove the visual effect of darkness with the help of display. With the absence of light, these systems improve vision through clouds during the night; thereby, enhancing visibility at night. The machine helps the pilot see smoke, haze, and smog throughout the day.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Also, to safeguard the national borders, real-time information is required. The introduction of the mission management system, therefore, helps compensate for the need for information, surveillance, and recognition (ISR) capabilities even in these pandemic situations.
- Solutions such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), and Augmented Reality (AR) are expected to contribute significantly when adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic and addressing constantly changing challenges.
- Major powers like the U.S. have already halted all troop movement, missions, and exercises. Cessing or reducing military exercises would reduce the engagement time, informal testing, and evaluation of equipment and reduce the latent market development potential.
- Even while the world is tackling COVID- 19 pandemic, still all the military procurement and maintenance and manufacturing related to the defense sector is continuing in almost every country, because national safety is foremost important and safeguarding soldiers is a prime requirement.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The need for improved aircraft safety, especially in limited visibility environments, are key driving factors for the global enhanced vision system market. Aerospace protection systems technical advancements are particularly beneficial for passengers and the flight crew, as they provide an improved description of obstacles and terrains. Technological progress in the aerospace industry has a direct impact on the growth of the enhanced marketplace in vision systems. Therefore, rising air travel preferences in developing and developed countries are expected to further fuel the market growth. Besides, there is an advanced range of active and passive sensors that are used in enhanced vision systems and these systems are intended to improve competition and acceptance. Although used infrared sensors and cameras are technically advanced and expensive; thus, serving as a limiting factor for the target market. Furthermore, both the quality of enhanced vision and the level of accuracy depend mainly on weather conditions and various energy sources.
The global enhanced vision system market trends are as follows:
New product launches and deals to flourish the market
In January 2020, the Enhanced Vision Systems of Astronics received Canadian approval for Bell 407 Helicopters. The Astronics Max-Viz platform provides an unparalleled degree of situational awareness and safety to pilots. Also, Honeywell is providing significant cockpit upgrades to Leonardo's helicopter division for its AW139 helicopters, as per contract in 2020. Primus Epic 2.0 will have creative and intuitive features that include better maps, enhanced nighttime and marginal weather information, and easier access through wireless networking, improving protection, and saving time.
Enhanced safety regulation along with growing adoption by different military forces
Certain laws and policies in developed countries allow flights to be fitted with state-of-the-art vision systems for the benefit of pilot and passenger safety. Also, incorporating these systems is on the rise due to adoption by various military for cross-border inspections, tracking illegal activities, to be used while scanning areas with less visibility especially forest areas during both day and night. Also increasing modernization by various countries including the adoption of unmanned aerial vehicles with the latest technologies such as AI, enhanced vision devices, automation, etc. is also causing a boost to market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global enhanced vision systemindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the enhanced vision system market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the enhanced vision systemmarket?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Enhanced Vision System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Honeywell International, Thales Group, Opgal, United Technologies Corporation, Elbit Systems, Astronics Corporation, L-3 Communications Holdings, MBDA, Esterline Technologies Corporation, Rockwell Collins