Softgel capsules is an oral dosage form for medicine that contains a pharmaceutical liquid enclosed by gelatin-based shell. Enteric softgel capsules are coated with polymers such as cellulose, vinyl, and acrylic derivatives. These formulation of drugs have gained popularity as they exhibit resistance to gastric fluids and easily solubilizes in intestinal tract. The enteric coating also maintains the mechanical, adhesive, and disintegration properties of softgel capsules.
The factors that drive the enteric softgel capsules market include high intake of pharmaceutical drugs, rise in consumer preference for capsule-based formulations, advanced healthcare set-up, and increase in healthcare awareness among people about softgel capsules. Moreover, the technological advancements in the development of soft gel capsules also fuels the use of soft gel capsules by the pharmaceutical industry across the emerging countries. However, the stringent regulations of the government about the ingredients and unavailability of special manufacturing equipment restrict the market growth. Emerging innovative technologies and rise in demand of the soft gel capsules from for cosmetics industry are projected to boost the market growth in the future.
The enteric softgel capsules market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, end user, and region. Based on product type, the market is bifurcated into gelatin type and vegetable type. By application, the market is categorized into antacid and antiflatulent preparations, antibiotic and antibacterial drugs, and other applications. By end user, the market is divided into health supplements, pharma and others. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Catalent, Inc., Sirio Pharma Co., Ltd., Aenova Group, ProCaps Laboratories, InovoBiologic Inc., Alpha Laboratories, Dart Neuroscience LLC, BASF SE, Lonza Group Ltd, and NutraNorth.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global enteric softgel capsules market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global enteric softgel capsules market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global bone replacement market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidate the competitive outlook of the market.
Enteric Softgel Capsules Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Gelatin Type
- Vegetable Type
- Antacid and Antiflatulent Preparations
- Antibiotic and Antibacterial Drugs
By End User
- Health Supplements
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA