Pressure vessels are essentially storage tanks varying in shape and size and find extensive commercial and industrial application. The vessels are designed for numerous pressure ranges from vacuum to very high pressure. Traditionally, these vessels were fabricated from metal (iron and steel) but that is now changing with the increase in application of composites. Pressure vessels are categorized into four categories based on their construction materialI, II, III, IV. Category I represents a vessel made of 100% metal while category IV represents 100% composite material. Improvement in pressure vessel design by making them able to bear high pressures and making them light weight is of immense importance especially to the automobile industry, as the complete fuel propulsion and storage system of automobiles is dependent on these vessels. The current developments in alternative fuel sources like Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and hydrogen provide for immense importance to the epoxy resin market in design and manufacture of light weight and efficient pressure vessels.
Currently, the automotive is the largest contributor to the demand of the market. Rapid increase in CNG vehicles and design & development of vehicles based on hydrogen fuel cells majorly drive the market growth. But on the other hand, inability of composites to comply with demanding technical aspects is estimated to limit the expansive nature of the market. Ongoing R&D in numerous developed and developing economies on the same provides immense opportunities.
The report segments the epoxy resin market in pressure vessels for alternate fuels on the basis of application, vessel type, vehicle type, and geography. Based on application the market is categorized into gas transport, CNG vehicle, and hydrogen vehicle. Based on vessel type, it is classified into type I, II, III, and IV. Based on vehicle type, it is divided into passenger cars, light commercial vehicle and heavy commercial vehicle. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
In 2015, Japan-based automobile giant, Toyota, revealed its hydrogen fuel cell-based vehicle for the general car-buying public. Other automobile giants such as Hyundai Motor Company (South Korea) and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (Germany) also have similar plans. This proves as a testimony to the growing scope of the market.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players such as Huntsman Corporation, The 3M Company, Olin Corporation, Atul Ltd., Chemis Co. Ltd., CIECH S.A, EMS Chemie Holding AG, Hexion Inc, Aditya Birla Chemicals Ltd. (Thai Epoxy), and Nan Ya Plastics Corporation.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the epoxy resin market in pressure vessels for alternate fuels.
- In-depth analysis of the epoxy resin market in pressure vessels for alternate fuels size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of epoxy resins in high pressure vessels for alternate fuels) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Global epoxy resin in high pressure vessels for alternate fuels industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Detail analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- The market for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which elucidates the trends in the industry at granular level.
- In-depth analysis of the market for each segment with respect to each country is also detailed in the report.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the market.
Epoxy Resin In Pressure Vessels For Alternative Fuels Market Key Segmentation
- Gas transport
- CNG vehicle
- Hydrogen vehicle
By Vessel Type
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Type IV
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- AOC Resins LLC
- De-Comp Composites Inc.
- Magnum Venus Products
- Pacific Coast Composites
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.