An ergonomic office chair is mostly utilized in different firms and other business areas where employees operate in a sitting position for extended hours. Adjustable seats, brackets and natural postures, which minimize back discomfort and stress in the lengthy seating time, are the ergonomic chairs. Currently, the offices are selecting ergonomic office chairs over the standard office chair to make the workplace healthier, happier, and to boost employer productivity. The increasing workforce, rising health and well-being concerns for employees, increased awareness of obesity, an increased number of workplace injuries complaints globally are vital drivers for the growth of the ergonomic office chair market. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a partially negative effect on the ergonomic office chair market. The enforcement of lockdown by the government had restricted the consumers from moving out resulting in the complete closure of the corporate and educational sector. Therefore, the demand for ergonomic office chairs has eventually decreased in these sectors.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for office chairs has become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labour, disrupted raw material supply and logistic issue.
- The demand for ergonomic office chairs has increased in households as consumers were restricted to their homes resulting in a shift in remote working. This shift of working condition had raised the requirement for ergonomic office chairs as the consumers wanted to have a proper setup to work for long hours. Consumers do not want to comprise with comfort and affect their performance by the usage of a conventional office chair.
Top Impacting Factors
- The corporate industry is one of the most prominent industries in the market. New businesses from over the world are entering the corporate sector resulting in a surge in demand for ergonomic office chairs. An ergonomic office chair is a vital piece of furniture that assists an employee and helps in the improvement of performance.
- High-range office chairs are hampering the growth of the ergonomic office chair market as consumers are in a dilemma whether to invest or not to invest in high-range chairs. High-range ergonomic office chairs are forcing price-sensitive customers to settle for a low-ranged conventional office chair. The price-sensitive customers are ready to give up.
- The increasing concerns regarding health and fitness in employees are affecting their performance at work. The health and fitness concern in employees is encouraging them to find alternatives. Ergonomic chairs are gaining popularity among employees, as the chair offers lumbar support and employees can work for hours sitting on it comfortably.
Companies are forming a partnership with MNCs to promote their product
The production businesses create cooperation with the MNCs to expand sales. It is a technique through which employees utilize the workplace chairs, and they can decide to buy the ergonomic office chairs for their home if they experience the advantage of it. Distance work becomes widespread and it is now part of the everyday routine of the employee following the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Development in the chairs is expected to attract more consumers
Employees may profit in every way possible from the advent of ergonomic office chairs, which offer additional functions, such as large armrests, massage vibration, heated pad, and others. These new characteristics are likely to shift the game in the ergonomic office chair industry, with an increased appeal. Every employee enjoys comfort, which contribute to an employee's productivity.
An omni-channel strategy is beneficial for the growth of the ergonomic office chair market
Customers are opting for more convenient ways of buying ergonomic office chair by shifting to e-commerce purchases. Lack of transparency of details and inconsistent pricing is affecting the consumer to make a buying decision. As the world is moving toward digital business and mostly all transactions are occurring on the digital platform. It's an opportunity for the companies to interact with the consumers recognize their wants. A clear message about the product detail and proper mentioning of the price without any hidden charges will motivate the customer to approach the purchase.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ergonomic office chair industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ergonomic office chair market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ergonomic office chair market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ergonomic office chair market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the ergonomic office chair market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ergonomic Office Chair Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Omega HNI Corp, HNI Corp, Kimball International, Inc., IKEA Holding, BV, KOKUYO Co. Ltd, Steelcase, Inc., OKAMURA Corp, Haworth, Inc., Herman Miller, Inc, Knoll, Inc