Ethyl cellulose is a derived from cellulose. In the derivatives of the cellulose, some of the hydroxyl groups on the repeating glucose units are changed into ethyl ether groups to form ethyl cellulose. The number of ethyl groups differs depending on the manufacturer. Ethyl cellulose also known as ‘ethyl ether of cellulose’ or ‘cellulose ethyl ether’ as its compound name. Ethyl cellulose is largely used as a polymer in manufacturing solar panel plates, binder in pharmaceutical formulations, coating material for modified release tablets and as taste masking compound. It is also utilized as a food additive which acts as an emulsifier or thickener.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The global outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020 has affected the chemical industry hard and brought operations and trade activities to a complete halt. The adverse affect of the COVID-19 shook the core of an already weak industry that earlier recorded a downfall in overall demand in 2019 compared to the previous year.
- The trade value of natural chemicals fell in 2019. Weak global demand in industrial as well as consumer markets compliance to secure and hygiene measures in production activities and supply chain disturbance due to lockdown measures in all major countries had a substantial affect on production and trading activities in the chemical industry.
Top Impacting Factors
The rise in technology in electronics is supporting to the growth of ethyl cellulose market. The boom in digital and communication technology is also accelerating the market of ethyl cellulose owing to the fact that they are cleaner and has an ease of use. The growing utilization of solar panels and cells around the world is boosting the growth of ethyl cellulose polymers. The rise in pharmaceutical industry wherein ethyl cellulose is a critical extender, and is boosting its market. Ethyl cellulose being non-water-soluble can get fermented as well as can get accumulated in the large intestine. Ethyl cellulose is used as a fragrance element in cosmetic products and commonly utilized as a coating and binding agent in polymer and packaging companies. Moreover, many of the growing plastic industries requires ethyl cellulose as a critical component. On the back of these factors, the market is anticipated to grow over the forecast period. Despite the growing usage of ethyl cellulose, there are chances of its misuse as a binder in drug manufacturing. This is anticipated to hamper the growth of ethyl cellulose market in the coming time.
- The market in North America and Europe, is inclined toward rise in usage of ethyl cellulose owing to the growing utilization of solar panels and cells wherein ethyl cellulose polymers are applied for manufacturing electronic pastes. The market for ethyl cellulose in North America is expected to hold one of the largest share in the market because of presence of leading market players in the region which manufacture and market ethyl cellulose. In addition, the rise in requirements of ethyl cellulose in the drug formulation process and the accelerative usage of solar panels and cells in this region due to the polymers of ethyl cellulose which is the critical component in manufacturing of solar panels, moreover increases the product demand.
- The Asia-Pacific region, has a substantial market share of ethyl cellulose due to the advancement of pharmaceutical industry. In addition, the rise in electronics, digital and communication technology, wherein ethyl cellulose is an effective polymer, supports in propelling the growth of ethyl cellulose market in the region. The market in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at the extreme rate during the forecast period as a result of advancing pharmaceutical industry and increasing plastic manufacturing in the region. The improving methods of drug manufacturing in the region, primarily in nations for instance China, India and Japan further grow the demand for ethyl cellulose.
- The market is divided by grade into pharmaceutical, industrial and food. In these segments, the pharmaceutical grade is expected to hold the leading share in the market because of high demand for advanced drugs and setting up of more drug research and advancement centers. The industrial and food grade divided, on the other hand, is expected to grow at one of the highest rate in the ethyl cellulose market as a result of growing demand for products related to cosmetics, food packaging, plastics and personal care.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ethyl cellulose market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ethyl cellulose market market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ethyl cellulose market market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ethyl cellulose market market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the ethyl cellulose market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the ethyl cellulose market market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ethyl Cellulose Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
AkzoNobel Specialty chemicals, Lotte Fine Chemicals, Shandong Head Co. Ltd., Dai-Ichi Kogyo Seiyaku Co. Ltd, Fenchem Biotek Ltd, SE Tylose GmbH & Co. KG, JRS PHARMA GmbH & Co. KG, Daicel Fine Chem Ltd, Dow Chemicals