Dichloroethane is also known as ethylene dichloride (EDC). Dichloroethane is a colorless liquid with chloroform-like odor. Dichloroethane is a chlorinated hydrocarbon, generally used to produce vinyl chloride monomer, the major precursor of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Dichloroethane is highly flammable, toxic and carcinogenic. Dichloroethane can be easily recycled and reused in the same facility for further use. Dichloroethane market is strongly depends on PVC market and construction industry. Ethylene dichloride is often used in the production of vinyl chloride monomer which is used in PVC pipes, furniture and automobile upholstery, wall coverings, and others. For industrial production of ethylene dichloride, reaction between ethane and chlorine is being performed in the presence of iron (III) chloride as a catalyst. Hydrogen chloride is also produced as a by-product in the process of production of vinyl chloride monomer via ethylene dichloride. Ethylene dichloride is also utilized as intermediate for the production of ethylene amines. However, health issues associated with EDC is a major restraint for the market.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the ethylene dichloride in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the ethylene dichloride.
Top Impacting Factors
The growing demand of ethylene dichloride for the production of vinyl chloride monomers will drive the demand growth for the ethylene dichloride market. Additionally, increasing demand for the vinyl chloride for the production of pipes, fittings, pro- les, tubes, windows, doors will further imply in the demand growth for the ethylene dichloride market. Predominantly, high toxicity of ethylene dichloride due to its high vapor pressure may hamper the market growth for ethylene dichloride market. However, ethylene dichloride is used as precursor to 1,1,1-trichloroethane which is used for dry cleaning process will create opportunity for the ethylene dichloride market.
- Increasing Applications of PVC Resins to Drive Demand for Ethylene Dichloride market
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) is the third largest plastic in terms of production and consumption. PVC finds a wide range of applications in pipes & fittings, flooring, wires, power & signal cables, films and sheet, and other applications. In terms of PVC or vinyl chloride monomer production, ethylene dichloride is used as one of chief raw materials, which in turn is expected to drive the demand for ethylene dichloride at a healthy growth rate.
- Upsurge in Demand for Gasoline to Complement Ethylene Dichloride Market Growth
- While the oil industry has been slated for steady growth owing to the increasing demand for gasoline and fuels, vendors have been concentrating on expansion of refinery capacities to cater to rising demand for crude oil products. Conventionally, ethylene dichloride is used as a lead scavenger in petrol and as a result, an increase in petrol or gasoline demand is expected to fuel the ethylene dichloride demand in the near future.
- Increasing focus on industrialization and automobiles sector has led to the market growth.
- Increasing urbanization and government intervention towards the infrastructure development for the public and private benefit has led to the consumption of ethylene dichloride. Furthermore, ethylene dichloride is also used for the production of ethylene amines which then used as corrosion inhibitors, lube oil and fuel additives, surfactants, and wood preservatives. Further, it is also used for the production of other chemicals such as trichloroethane, trichloroethylene, and vinylidene chloride. In the automotive sector, it is majorly used for manufacturing automobile components such as automobile instruments panels and sheathing of electrical cables.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ethylene dichloride industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ethylene dichloride share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight ethylene dichloride growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ethylene dichloride analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Ethylene Dichloride Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Ethylene Dichloride?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Ethylene Dichloride “?
- What does “Ethylene Dichloride " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Ethylene Dichloride “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Ethylene Dichloride” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Ethylene Dichloride” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Ethylene Dichloride” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Ethylene Dichloride “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Ethylene Dichloride economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Ethylene Dichloride Market Report Highlights
By Production Process
Key Market Players
SABIC, Royal Dutch Shell, Mitsui Chemicals, Sasol, INEOS, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Dow Chemical, ExxonMobil, Huntsman International LLC