Ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bag is used as intravenous (IV) bag, which helps to carry fluids in the patient's body through the intravenous route. In addition, these bags can be used to carry vitamins, lipids, and oncology medications in patients. They are often transparent, which helps in easier visual assessment of the IV solution. Most ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags are UV-protected within the wavelength range of 170 nm to 520 nm. These bags are toxicologically harmless when compared to IV bags made using polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags are often made in sizes ranging from 500 to 3,000 ml.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- With COVID-19, the supply chain of the raw materials required to manufacture ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags is declining as the manufacturers of these products have slowed down their production due to the pandemic. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market.
Top Impacting Factors
Alarming rise in the prevalence of kidney-related medical conditions and diseases such as cancer is one of the major factors contributing to the growth of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market.
Ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags are known to offer physiochemical stability to biomaterial, which can last up to a week without light exposure. Thus, the adoption rate of such infusion bags is high in hospitals and clinics.
In addition, ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags are preferred over polyvinyl chloride (PVC) bags, as the latter is associated with various health concerns and hazards. This factor has also boosted the growth of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market.
However, lack of awareness regarding ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags in many developing nations of the world is one of the major factors that impede the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
- Key players of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market are focused on improving the physical and functional aspects of these bags by strategizing product innovation and development for better ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags.
- In addition, major players in the market are offering ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags in different sizes to meet the needs of the patients in hospitals.
- Furthermore, increase in focus of many nations of the world toward the health of their population is expected to boost the growth of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market. With more focus on healthcare, hospitals have more patient admissions.
- North America is projected to dominate the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market, owing to rise in prevalence of lifestyle diseases in this region along such as cancer, kidney diseases, and neurological diseases in the population.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Infusion Bags Report
- Which are the leading players active in the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What are ethylene-vinyl acetate infusion bags?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the market?
Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Infusion Bags Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Technoflex, Inc, The Metrix Co., Inc., Baxter International, Inc, McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inc., ICU Medical, Inc, Fresenius Kabi, Inc, AdvaCare Pharma LLP, Haemotronic S.p. A, Valmed, Inc