Motion sensors are equipment & devices that are specially programmed to detect or track movements by monitoring a change in relative position of an object with respect to its surroundings and notify the users. The motion sensors are made using varied electronic devices that help in the automation of different functions. Motion sensing is an emerging technology that has transformed the way machines interact with humans and assists in monitoring the change in environment by offering required information.
Technological developments in have resulted in design of high performing sensors with reduced size, which is a key factor driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the incorporation of MEMS technology into making advanced motion sensors has opened the product to a range of applications such as in consumer electronics, automotive sector, aerospace & defense sector, healthcare, and others. MEMS-based sensors have smallest form factor, which is a major reason for the adoption of these motion sensing technologies. Another major factor driving the motion sensors market is the increased demand of accelerometers, a type of sensor used in the consumer electronics segment. Emerging technologies such as fully autonomous vehicles and voice-controlled equipment is expected to provide great opportunities for the growth of the market. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing segment in terms of applications of motion sensors
The applications of motion sensors in designing gyroscopes and magnetometers, which are used in mobile devices such as smartphones, notebook computers and tablets, are the key drivers of this market. Using sensors in the design of remote-controlled planes and advanced aerial drones is expected to expand the growth opportunities in the market. Recent applications of these sensors across medical & healthcare sector such as in designing implantable medical devices is expected to witness future growth opportunities in the European sensor market. However, privacy issues related with location based sensing is a key market challenge. Furthermore, due to the presence of large amount of personal information available online, there is a higher risk of identity theft and other online crimes hampering the growth of the market. Creating awareness by stakeholders to educate the consumers on managing the trail of information online would help the key market players to overcome the challenges.
The report segments the European motion sensor market on the basis of product, end users technology and region. On the basis of products, the market is further segmented into accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass & motion sensor combos. Based on end-users, the market is segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, industrial manufacturing, healthcare, defense, and aerospace. Based on technology, the market is segmented into microwave, dual-technology, passive infrared, ultrasonic and tomography. Based on region, the market is segmented into the U.K., France, Italy, Germany and Rest of Europe.
New product launches, partnerships & agreements, and acquisitions are key strategies adopted by market players to strengthen their market position. Key market players profiled in the report include, Atmel Corporation (Europe), BOSCH Sensortec GmbH (Europe), and Colibrys SA (Germany), and others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future trends and emerging avenues for the growth of motion sensors market across the European region.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report involves the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report analyses the top impacting factors in detail and offers adoption rate analysis of motion sensor on the basis of different segment across several countries.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis.
Europe Motion Sensor Market Key Segments:
- Digital Compass
- Motion Sensor Combos
- Passive Infrared
By End User
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Manufacturing
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Rest of Europe