Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) services, also known as high-throughput sequencing, is term used to describe sequencing technologies, such as Illumina sequencing, Roche 454 sequencing, and SOLiD sequencing. These technologies enable to sequence DNA and RNA quickly and cheaply as compared to traditional technologies, such as Sanger sequencing. The studies conducted to determining the origin of life for all species and their evolution have become more challenging. In order to understand the organisms, the use of various next generation sequencing technologies is inevitable. Technological advancements present new pathways for the NGS services industry.
The driving factors of the European NGS services market are faster and cost-efficient sequencing, rising preference of NGS over other platforms, and rising prevalence of inherited diseases. In addition, application of genomics in drug discovery, growing prevalence of cancer & other malignant diseases, and partnerships among companies, R&D centers, and universities supplement growth. However, the factors hindering the growth of the market are reliability on grants and funding from the government and decrease in capital expenditure from academic institutions. Technological advancements opened new opportunities in the market.
The European NGS services market is segmented based on technology, application, end user, disease type, and country. The technology segment is classified into SBS, ion semiconductor, SBL, pyro-sequencing, and SMRT. The market is further segmented based on application into research, clinical, and sequencing applications. The sequencing application segment is further classified into RNA, targeted, exome, whole genome, chip, methyl, de novo, and others.
The European NGS services market is further segmented based on disease type into oncology (prostate, lung, & breast cancer) and rare diseases. The end user segment is further classified into research centers, academic & government institutes, hospitals & clinics, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others. The market is divided based on countries into U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Rest of the Europe (RoE).
The key market player profiled in the report are Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI), Cegat (Centre for Genomics and Transcriptomics) GMBH, DNA Vision SA, Eurofins Genomics Inc., Febit / Comprehensive Biomarker Center GMBH (CBC), Genomnia SRL, Mina INC., Macrogen Inc., Microsynth AG, Seqomics, Source Bio Science. They have implemented strategies, such as merger & acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, and others to gain strong foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of current and future market trend of the European NGS services market.
- An in-depth analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current market trend.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the European NGS services market.
- This report offers an extensive quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key manufacturers within the European NGS services market market are profiled in the report.
- Geographically, the European NGS services market market is segmented into into U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Rest of the Europe (RoE).
- The comprehensive SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the key manufacturers for effective strategy formulation.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Ion Semiconductor
- Research applications
- Clinical applications
- Targeted sequencing
- Exome sequencing
- Whole genome sequencing
- De novo sequencing
By Disease Type
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Colorectal cancer
By End User
- Research centres, academic & government institutes
- Hospitals & clinics
- Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
- By Country
- Rest of the Europe (RoE)
Key Market Players:
- Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI)
- Cegat (Centre for Genomics and Transcriptomics) GMBH
- DNA Vision SA
- Eurofins Genomics Inc.
- Febit / Comprehensive Biomarker Center GMBH (CBC)
- Genomnia SRL
- Mina Inc.
- Macrogen Inc.
- Microsynth AG
- Source Bio Science