Ewing sarcoma is a type of a cancer which may be bone sarcoma or soft tissue sarcoma. Swelling & pain at the site of tumor, fever, and bone fractures are the common symptoms of Ewing sarcoma. Most common areas of Ewing sarcoma are legs, pelvis, and chest ribs. Histomorphologic findings, immunohistochemistry, and molecular pathology are most common methods of Ewing sarcoma diagnosis. Almost all patients are prescribed with multi drug chemotherapy such as vincristine, doxorubin, and others combined with surgery or radiation. Moreover, proton therapy also recommended to pediatric patient which delivers equally effective dose to the tumor and causes less damage to the surrounding tissue.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in prevalence of Ewing sarcoma, rise in demand for effective cancer treatment therapies, surge in consumption of cigarettes, adoption of unhealthy lifestyle, and rise in geriatric population are expected to drive the growth of market.
- In addition, advantages & effectiveness related usage of Ewing sarcoma therapeutics, rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures, surge in development of infrastructure through government funding, increase in trend to adopt highly advance Ewing sarcoma diagnosis technology, and R&D activities to improve quality of drugs are some factors that boost the growth of market.
- However, high cost associated with treatment of Ewing sarcoma hinder the growth of market.
- Contrarily, growth opportunities in emerging market is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
R&D Activities to Launch Novel Treatment Products
In 2018, Cellectar Biosciences Inc. received FDA approval for their novel drug CLR 131 for the treatment of Ewing sarcoma. This drug is an investigational radio iodinated phospholipid drug conjugate therapy for targeted tumor therapies.
In 2018, researcher at DNA-Farber, Boston Children Cancer and Blood Disorder Center discovered CDK12 inhibitor drug. This new drug is used for treatment of Ewing sarcoma and kill Ewing sarcoma cells.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Ewing Sarcoma Therapeutics Pipeline Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Ewing sarcoma therapeutics"?
- What is "Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Ewing sarcoma therapeutics pipeline" market report?
Ewing Sarcoma Therapeutics Pipeline Market Report Highlights
By Drug Class
By Treatment Type
By End User
Key Market Players
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Sanofi, Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc, Pfizer Inc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Amgen Inc, Bayer AG., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Abbott, AstraZeneca, Bausch Health, Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company