Ewing sarcoma develops in the soft tissues around the bones or the bone, including the nerves or cartilage, and is a rare form of a cancerous tumor. The disease mainly affects people between the age of 10 and 20.
Sarcoma usually begins in the bone marrow or thigh and extends to other bones, bone marrow, and vital organs, including the lungs, heart, kidneys. There are four types of Ewing sarcoma depending on the site of the affected area, including bone marrow, soft tissue, peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor, skin tissue.
The treatment for Ewing sarcoma depends on the size, location, and intensity of the tumor. The first step in the treatment of Ewing sarcoma is usually chemotherapy. Systemic chemotherapy is given to patients as well as surgery and radiation therapy which is to control local tumors. Multidrug chemotherapy is also another treatment for Ewing sarcoma which includes doxorubicin, vincristine, etoposide, and ifosfamide.
Impact of COVID-19 on Ewing Sarcoma Treatment Market
- COVID-19 has created an economic crisis in addition to the healthcare crisis globally. The pandemic has harmed the healthcare system, resulting in a 50% to 70% drop in revenue from March. Many small hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes have been forced to shut their operations. In addition, social distancing and localized curfews have resulted in delayed elective surgical procedures. Further, visa cancellations have led to an interruption in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services market growth.
- COVID-19 has impacted many markets and many economies have seen a huge downfall because of the pandemic. Many markets have taken this opportunity and have established a good presence in the market. The conversion of digital services is rapidly increasing, and many businesses have adopted this change and have digitally converted themselves.
- COVID-19 has impacted the Ewing sarcoma treatment market and has led to the decline in the market growth as more emphasis is given to counter COVID-19. Many companies' research and treatment development methods of sarcoma have shifted to COVID-19, but still, some companies are developing drugs and therapies for the treatment of this disease.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
- The Ewing sarcoma treatment market has been growing at a significant pace with the emergence of regenerative therapies, which is one of the most advanced and widely studied therapies. Several pharmaceutical companies develop and study genetic therapy to treat Ewing’s sarcoma and recurrent Ewing tissue in patients. For instance, Gradalis performed a clinical trial to test their new anti-stathmin therapy, as well as the emergence of therapeutic drugs, are the factors that drive the market growth of the Ewing sarcoma treatment market.
- The factor that drives the Ewing sarcoma treatment market includes an Increase in research and development which will reduce the mortality rate of patients suffering from Ewing sarcoma, technological advancements in diagnostics and pipeline drugs are the driving force for the expansion of the market. Also, an increase in healthcare expenditure in many countries, as well as an increase in financial assistance programs and schemes initiated by pharmaceutical companies will reduce the cost burdens of the patients which provide an opportunity for this market to grow.
- The factor that hinders the market growth includes the high cost for treatment of Ewing's sarcoma, even though many countries are increasing their healthcare expenditure, the cost structure for the treatment of the disease is high, many developing countries are yet to spend on healthcare so the market in these developing counties is facing a low growth. A strict regulation framework poses threats to the market. Also, the side effects of chemotherapy are another reason.
- North America has the largest market share in Ewing's sarcoma treatment market due to the increasing prevalence of Ewing sarcoma and the easy availability of treatments, increase in expenditure in the healthcare sector as well as the advancement in technology are the driving factors for the increase in market size in this region. Europe is also expected to grow significantly due to its well-developed healthcare sectors and growing strategic plans for market players to expand product distribution channels. Asia-Pacific is expected to account for a larger market share due to increased awareness of the various forms of treatment and government support for research and development activities, increase in government spending on the healthcare sector is also another factor that helps the growth of the market in this region.
Salarius pharmaceuticals have added Fox Chase Cancer Centre for a clinical trial of the company’s new medicines as well as treatments for the treatment of Ewing Sarcoma on July 13, 2021.
CancerVAX, Inc. has announced its research program to develop the company’s first Immunotherapy cancer treatment specifically targeting the treatment for Ewing sarcoma on May 26, 2021.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Ewing sarcoma treatment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the Ewing sarcoma treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the Ewing sarcoma treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Ewing sarcoma treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Ewing Sarcoma Treatment Report
- Who are the leading players active in the Ewing sarcoma treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Ewing sarcoma treatment"?
- What is the "Ewing sarcoma treatment" market prediction in the future?
Ewing Sarcoma Treatment Market Report Highlights
| Aspects || Details |
| By Diagnostics type || |
- MRI scan
- CT scan
- Blood tests
- Biopsy of the bone marrow
| By Treatment || |
| By End User || |
- Specialty clinics
- Cancer treating centres
| By Region || |
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Rest of LAMEA)
| Key Market Players || Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd..,, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC.,, Mylan N.V., Baxter., CancerVAX, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.,, Pfizer Inc..,, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Novartis AG.Eli Lilly and Company. |