Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Market outlook – 2027
With rising amount of greenhouse emitted from road transport, the emission regulations are becoming increasingly strict to reduce the amount. Additionally, the auto manufacturers are eventually designing vehicle to meet the stringent government emission norms. This, in turn, has proliferated the installation of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve in internal combustion engines. The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve is the main component of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Moreover, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve connects exhaust manifold to intake manifold and is controlled by either vacuum or a built-in electric step motor. Besides, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve controls the flow of exhaust gas being recirculated depending on engine load.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global production shutdown caused by novel coronavirus has arrived at a time just when the automotive industry had started recovering.
- Besides, the major economies around the world have started witnessing negative growth rate due to the pandemic.
- The magnitude of impact is largely dependent on duration of the lockdown.
- Additionally, issues like shortage of raw material and liquidity crunch could further impact the automotive and component industry.
- However, forecasted growth of electric vehicle post COVID-19 crisis is expected to hamper the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The stringent government norms for reducing the amount of emission is primarily driving the automotive exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market. Additionally, automotive exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve reduces the high temperatures within combustion chamber. Besides, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve aids in improving fuel economy and enhances engine efficiency. Moreover, increasing production of vehicle is fueling the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market growth. However, rising demand for electric vehicles and availability of substitute is restraining exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market. Furthermore, advancements in exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve is proliferating market growth.
The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market trends are as follows:
Innovation to drive market growth
The stringent emission norms and rising expectation to fulfil the emission standards has put forth a major challenge to automotive and component industry. With rising environmental concerns, and tighter emission norms, the need for development and innovation in exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve has escalated. Besides, fossil fueled engine automakers are raised their focus to limit the emission levels to compete with electrical vehicle industries. In 2014, Pierburg GmbH had developed compact exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve, which adheres to Euro VI emission norms. Moreover, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve is from Pierburg is designed keeping in mind the continuous shrinkage in engine space on present cars.
Rising emission norms to propel the demand
The emission standards are mandated by the governments operating in the particular area to control the pollutants from internal combustion engines. If any vehicle emits more pollutants than desired range, then the vehicle doesn’t get clearance to be sold in market. Besides, due to harmful environmental impacts, the government have adopted various stages of emission. Recently, from April 2020 onwards, the Bharat Stage VI emission norms have been enforced in India. According to the norms, the emission of carbon monoxide is to be reduced by 30% and NOx by 80%. Besides, the Bharat Stage VI norms also sets limits for Hydrocarbon and particulate emissions, which were not specified in earlier norms. The increasing limitation of emission norms is anticipated to bolster the market of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Market Report Highlights
By Valve type
By Vehicle type
Key Market Players
Mahle GmbH, Cambustion Ltd., DENSO Europe B.V., IAV GmbH, Airtex Vehicle Electronics, Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG, BorgWarner Inc., Automotive LLP, Delphi ANSYS Inc., Wells Vehicle Electronics.