Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is an inability of proper digestion of food owing to insufficient levels of digestive enzymes from pancreas. EPI is commonly found in humans affected with Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome and cystic fibrosis. EPI is triggered by the progressive loss of pancreatic cells, which generates the digestive enzymes. EPI disturbs the normal growth, life expectancy and immune response. Diarrhoea, Steatorrhea, fatigue and weight loss are the key symptoms of EPI.
Key factors responsible for growth of this market involve, increasing global incidences of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, demands of advanced therapeutics and presence of significant number of pipeline drugs. Recent trends in therapeutics include: lipase treatment in dietetic patients, optimizing the chymotrypsin and trypsin levels. However, in the painful chronic exocrine pancreatitis, high dose protease are estimated to be beneficial. Individual pancreatic replacement therapy along with pancreatin medication is advised to the patient in severe cases. According to the research conducted by Robbins basic pathology, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency was observed to occur in the 85% to 90% of patients with cystic fibrosis in 2013. Pancreatic replacement therapy in EPI is an extensively accepted mode of treatment and aids in minimizing the malabsorption and related malnutrition. Primarily, these pancreatic digestive enzymes include lipase for the fat digestion, protease for the protein digestion, and amylase for the starch digestion in the body. Following pancreatic enzyme products (PEPs) were approved by USFDA for the treatment of EPI: Zenpep and Creon in 2009, Viokace and Ultresa in 2012, Pancreaze in 2010, and Pertzye in 2012. In developed regions, rising geriatric population, minimum death rates and are the key factors driving the incidences of EPI. Enhanced demand for the advanced therapeutics and rising percentage geriatric population affected population are other factors responsible for the growth of this market. Substantial number of new chemical entities (NCEs) in various phases of clinical trials that will emerge in the global market is the main opportunity in the market. However, the lack of technological reach and insufficient advanced treatments are the key restraints of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market in developing regions.
Geographically, North America and Europe will lead the market owing to high percentage of geriatric population, significant number of research and drug development activities. However, Asia-Pacific region is expected to show rapid growth owing to growth of pharmaceutical and healthcare industry and improving purchasing power of the service providers in this region. Rapidly emerging economies in region such as India, China, and more disease prevalence will drive the growth of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market. Some of the key players operated in the exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market are Axcan, Aptalis Pharma, Inc., Eli Lilly & Co., Cilian AG, Nordmark Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG and Laboratoires Mayoly Spindler.
- The analysis helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for gaining market share in Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Market
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Market
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2021 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global transdermal drug delivery systems market and would assist market strategists in making decisions.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Market
- Identification of key investment pockets for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market provide strategic assistance to decision makers
- An analysis for the market potential/ attractiveness has been included for various product segments, therapeutics, devices and geographic regions along with a detailed analysis of factors responsible for the rapid growth of the market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market is segmented by the mode of disease management, diagnostic tests and geography.
MARKET BY DISEASE MANAGEMENT
- Nutritional management
- Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT)
- Life style modifications approach
MARKET BY DIAGNOSIS
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- CT scanning
- Endoscopic ultra-sonography (EUS)
- Blood tests
- Other tests
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific