An external disk system is a portable data storage device that can be attached to a computer through USB connection or a FireWire, and is used for retrieving and storing digital information by using rapidly rotating disks coated with magnetic material. These disks are important devices for the secondary storage of data in computers.
An external disk system resides outside a computer and is used when the internal disk memory does not have sufficient storage capacity. It is applicable in mobile devices, desktop computers, consumer electronics, and enterprise storage arrays in data centers.
The global external disk system market is driven by continuous rise in need of additional storage, easily portability and compatibility of these devices with all operating systems, rise in demand and adaptation in cloud storage and other enterprise applications, and stabilization in the laptop market. However, reduction in demand for personal computers and notebook limits the market growth. Furthermore, continuous increase in expenditure on storage to cope with the challenges of server virtualization, data growth, and data protection by many organizations is expected to provide numerous opportunities for market expansion.
The global external disk system market is segmented on the basis of end user, application, storage capacity, and region. The end-user segment covered in this study include individual and commercial. Based on application, it is divided into computers/laptops, mobile, and others. On the basis of storage capacity, it is categorized into 0 to 100 GB, 100 to 500 GB, 500 GB to 1 TB, and more than 1 TB. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global external disk system market is dominated by key players such IBM Corporation, Dell Inc., Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, HP Development Company, L.P., NetApp, Seagate Technology LLC, Western Digital Corporation, Toshiba, Fujitsu, and Samsung Electronics.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global external disk system market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
External Disk System Market Key Segments:
By End User
By Storage Capacity
- 0 to 100 GB
- 100 to 500 GB
- 500 GB to 1 TB
- More than 1 TB
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- IBM Corporation
- Dell Inc.
- Hitachi Data Systems Corporation
- HP Development Company, L.P.
- Seagate Technology LLC
- Western Digital Corporation
- Samsung Electronics