Eye care involves examining of the eyes to detect abnormalities or defects and provide medical diagnosis & management of eye disease. An eye is a delicate organ, which requires continuous care before, during, and after a surgical procedure. Surgical devices are used to treat various eye-related diseases such as cataract, glaucoma, and refractive error, which pose as a health burden globally.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the eye care surgical market include increasing prevalence of eye-related diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, refractive errors, increasing geriatric population, echnological advancements, high demand for diagnostic procedures, and minimally invasive procedures. However, factors such as high costs of devices and dearth of skilled professionals with expertise in ophthalmic surgery can restrain the growth of the market. The development of advanced products such as advances in laser technology and increasing healthcare infrastructure in untapped markets provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The eye care surgical market is segmented on the basis of application, end user, and region. According to application, the market is divided into cataract surgery, glaucoma surgery, refractive surgery, corneal surgery, vitreo-retinal surgery, oculoplastic surgery, and others, which include eye removal and eye muscle surgery. On the basis of end user, the market is segmented hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, ophthalmology clinics, and eye research institutes. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Novartis AG, Abbott Laboartories, LUMENIS, Topcon Corporation, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Essilor, A.R.C. Laser GmbH, and Ophthalmic Instruments Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global eye care surgical market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global eye care surgical market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global eye care surgical market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global eye care surgical market.
Eye Care Surgical Market Key Segments:
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Refractive Surgery
- Corneal Surgery
- Vitreo-Retinal Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Eye Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."