Personal care & cosmetics products are witnessing growth in demand due to an increase in disposable income, change of lifestyle, and increase in consciousness toward individual well-being in consumers. Eyeliner is one of the vital personal care and cosmetic product that is showing a higher percentage of sale all over the globe. Eyeliner is a cosmetic used to define eyes. It is applied around the contours of the eyes to highlight and give an aesthetic look. Eyeliner is utilized by women, girls, and sometimes by men for fashion purpose. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the eyeliner market faced a dip in demand for products. The slump in demand for goods resulted in a decrease in the eyeliner market. The expected increase in growth in the entertainment industry will encourage the eyeliner market to expand its business to meet the required demand.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has affected the eyeliner market. During the ongoing pandemic, eyeliner was not considered a necessary product. Hence, the demand for face wash has seen a fall.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarket/Supermarket and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of eyeliner had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labor, disrupted raw material supply, logistic issue.
Top Impacting Factors
- With the increase in population around the globe, new sets of consumers are adding themselves to the personal care & cosmetics market. The manufacturing companies are increasing their efforts in researching to know about the current consumer expectation from the market. With the fast pace of life, consumers want their product to be more convenient that is expected to save time.
- Nowadays, consumers are more comfortable buying their products from e-commerce websites. E-commerce websites provide them with a variety of options to choose from, valuable discounts, user-friendly interface and fast delivery on a demand basis. The products offered online are authentic and in the best interest of the consumer.
- The influence of digital media expected to drive the growth of the eyeliner market as it influences the consumers to opt for the latest variant of product which comes with additional benefits. Social media influencers influence a vital chunk of the population which reflects the growth of sales.
Increasing innovation in eyeliners is needed to capture the market
Global weather is deteriorating all over the world leading to hot and humid weather in the southern countries. The hot and humid climate increases perspiration in consumers that melt the eyeliners resulting in a smudge. Manufacturing companies are coming up with developing products that are long-lasting and has an anti-smudge feature. The anti-smudge features in eyeliner product are attracting consumers and expected to be a game-changer. Companies are shifting their interests in using organic materials for making eyeliner products. Chemicals are getting replaced by organic materials that will be harmless and avoid any adverse reaction to the skin and eyes. The high-quality product comes at a high price. Companies should work on reducing the cost of production, resulting in the reduction of the cost of sales. A low price will attract all types of customers and the sales of eyeliners are expected to rise.
Additional attention toward advertisement may lead to the growth of the eyeliner market
Global players are providing additional attention towards advertisement and promotion to reach more customers all around the world. There is intense competition between the global players, which is forcing them to up their game. A better-detailed promotion is expected to help the company to connect with the new customers and retain the old ones. Companies are open for affiliate marketing and partnership with e-commerce giants. While social media influencers and retail outlets are approached by the company for product promotion. Companies are searching for a new advertising medium that is convenient for usage and capable of delivering the message properly to the customers at a large stage.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the eyeliner industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the eyeliner market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the eyeliner market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed eyeliner market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the eyeliner market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Eyeliner" Market prediction in the future?
Eyeliner Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Mary Kay Inc, L’Oreal S.A., Chanel S.A., Markswin International Corporation, Modi-Mundipharma Beauty Products Pvt Ltd., Christian Dior SE, LG Household & Healthcare Limited., Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd, Kao Corporation