Façade Materials Market Analysis
Façade materials are required for a structural design pattern of the building in the architectural industry. These architectural materials are used for the attractive modern look of the walls. Buildings are designed, built, and powered up by the help of the facade system. Facade materials provide lateral and vertical resistance to wind, fire resistance, and thermal resistance to buildings. Moreover, these materials attached to light steel walling and terracotta tiles. From multi-story offices to residential houses, façade materials play a significant role. A façade being the principal front of the building brings imparts an aesthetic appeal to the exterior side of it.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for façade materials is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Due to the suspension in the building construction industry, the facade global market is likely to see a temporary downfall.
- As more than 60% of the construction activities are on halt in a pandemic situation, the demand for façade materials has declined significantly. This is attributed to the fact that residential architecture segment is the largest consumer of façade materials.
- Furthermore, the suspended movement on construction sites coupled with the suspension of industrial activities may result in decline in demand for façade materials during the forecast period.
- The pandemic has forced many industries in the market to nearly stop their operations to comply with the government regulations such as social distancing.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply will further hamper the production rate of façade materials, thus negatively impacting the market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
The important driving factors of the façade materials market is rise in construction-related activities. These materials have the ability to transmit heat, which creates warmer interiors, hence, the surge in demand for these materials is likely to increase in colder regions. Furthermore, rise in the urban population adapting to modern building designs significantly contributes toward the growth of the market. In Asia-Pacific countries such as India, the schemes launched by the government such as the National Urban Housing Fund and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY) are expected to result in rise in residential construction projects. UK and Germany are expected to have further investments in hotels, medical centers, warehouses, and garages construction from public and private investors. The manufactures are further focusing on less costly designs. Furthermore, detailing will hamper the market growth as the detailing of designs is expensive. The price factor will act as the major restraint of the facade materials market.
The global façade material market is expected to witness considerable growth and hence the market is segmented depending on various key factors. By product type, façade materials are segmented into ventilated, non-ventilated, and others. Ventilated type facade materials are developed to protect the walls of the buildings against high-level action of rain and wind. Ventilated façade creates a separate open cavity between the outside and interior wall, which allows the exchange of air contained between them, whereas non-ventilated façade materials are used for no ventilation or air cavity purpose.
Some Surge applications of the facade materials:
- Safety and security
- Thermal insulation
- Weather tightness
- Long lasting and environmental friendly
Key market players
Boral limited, Nichiha Corporation, Saint-Gobain, James Hardie Industries Plc, Nippon Sheet Glass, Central Glass, BASF, and Dryvit Systems Inc are the leading players of the façade materials market. For instance, the Nichiha Corporation made an investment of $120 million in 2018 to strengthen its business and expand manufacturing sites in Georgia, US. Boral limited with the help of strategic imitative such as capacity expansion, plant turnarounds, and merging successfully acquired Headwaters incorporated in 2017.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global façade materials industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the façade materials market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global façade materials market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This reports helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global façade market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global façade materials market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the façade materials market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the façade materials market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in market dynamics?
Façade Materials Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Knuaf, Vinh Tuong Industrial Corporation, Sheet Glass, Guardian Industries, Central Glass, Asahi Glass, Sto SE & Co KGaA, BASF, Nichiha Corporation, Nippon, FunderMax, Saint-Gobain, Dryvit Systems Inc, Aedas, Walters &Wolf