Factor V Leiden thrombophilia is a genetic disease that increases the likelihood of developing a blood clot at some point in life. Despite this, it is expected that a clot will not form in 95% of Factor V Leiden patients. When a clot does form, it usually occurs in the legs (deep venous thrombosis or DVT) or the lungs (pulmonary embolism or PE). The name Factor V Leiden refers to a specific gene mutation in the F5 gene, which is involved in the creation of blood clots following an injury. The Factor V Leiden gene mutation can be inherited in one or two copies. This disorder is sometimes misdiagnosed as Factor V deficiency, a genetic bleeding problem that can result in severe bleeding after surgery or trauma. Factor V Leiden thrombophilia may increase the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and pregnancy problems.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments globally are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges.
Currently, about 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors:
- The increase in geriatric population and the rise in cases of injury, obesity, smoking, surgery, and pregnancy are the primary factors driving market expansion.
- The rise in the global healthcare expenditure, a surge in diabetic population, the increase in cancer patients, and the increase in the prevalence of cardiovascular disease are factors driving the market growth.
- The increase in the number of mutations in the F5 gene is expected to drive the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market during the forecast years.
- Additionally, the increase in use of oral contraceptives, hormone replacement treatment, and the growth in occurrences of the antiphospholipid syndrome are also expected to boost the market over the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the introduction of new medications, the increase in R&D activities, and the increase in investment by major companies for Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment are boosting the market globally.
- However, the lack of awareness in patients regarding Factor V Leiden thrombophilia and lack of skilled health workforce are hampering the growth of the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia market.
New Product Launches to Flourish Factor V Leiden Thrombophilia Market
In October 2019, Johnson & Johnson’s Xarelto was approved by the FDA to help prevent blood clots in acutely ill patients without a high risk of bleeding during and after hospitalization.
In December 2020, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals received a tentative approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Dabigatran Etexilate capsules in the strengths of 75 mg, 110 mg, and 150 mg. The approved product is a generic version of Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals' Pradaxa capsules.
Key Benefits of Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in Factor V Leiden Thrombophilia Treatment Market Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market?
- What current trends will influence the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment?
- What is Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the Factor V Leiden thrombophilia treatment market report?
Factor V Leiden Thrombophilia Treatment Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
C. H. Boehringer Sohn, CoaguSense, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bayer Group, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Alere, Siemens, Roche, Daiichi Sankyo, Abbott