A fall detection system may be defined as an assistive device placed on humans waist that alerts when a fall has occurred. Such technology is known to reduce the consequences of a fall. The system can detect the persons falling by acceleration analysis and send the geographic position and fall alarm short message to caregivers. So, the elderly who has fallen can get timely help to minimize the negative influence such as pressure ulcer, muscle necrosis, hyperthermia, and pneumonia.
Increase in demand for smartphones and wearable technologies and better ability to assist in case of fall leading to reduced medical expenses drive the market growth. However, low practicality and low acceptability among elders restraint the growth of the market. Global rise in geriatric population is projected to offer growth opportunity.
The market for fall detection system is segmented into product type, sensing modalities, technology, end-user, and geography. By product type, it is classified into automatic fall detection systems and manual fall detection system. By sensing modalities, it is bifurcated into wearable and non-wearable. By technology, it is divided into GPS systems, mobile phones, and sensors. By end user the market is categorized into home care settings and senior assisted living facilities. By geography, it is analyzed across North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players mentioned in the report are ADT Corporation, Bay Alarm Medical, Blue Willow Systems, Connect America, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lifefone, Mobilehelp, Semtech Corporation, Tunstall Healthcare Group Ltd., and Vital Connect Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global fall detection system market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by product type helps understand the technologies that are currently used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies as well as among the players.
Fall Detection System Market Key Segmentation:
By Product Type
- Automatic Fall Detection Systems
- Manual Fall Detection System
By Sensing Modalities
- GPS Systems
- Mobile Phones
By End User
- Home Care Settings
- Senior Assisted Living Facilities
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- ADT Corporation
- Bay Alarm Medical
- Blue Willow Systems
- Connect America
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Semtech Corporation
- Tunstall Healthcare Group Ltd.
- Vital Connect Inc.