Fatty acid esters are ester produce via the reaction between alcohol and fatty acid. They are widely used across a wide range of applications due to their lubricating, resistance to oxidation, and solvency properties. Fatty acid esters are derived from vegetable oils and animal tallow. Rapidly growing demand of the derivatives of fatty acid esters in numerous end-use industries is anticipated to strengthen its current demand during the estimated period. On account of their natural properties concerning emulsion stabilization is expected to be among the most essential components of the food & beverage and personal care industries. Due to their superior properties of emulsification, the derivatives of fatty acid esters especially the monoglycerides have witnessed varying applications as parts of liposomal and nano- formulations in the pharmaceutical industry for drug delivery systems. The high cost of the fatty acid esters coupled with the high cost of procuring raw materials is expected to hamper the growth of this market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the fatty acid ester in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the fatty acid ester.
Top Impacting Factors
Rising geriatric population is expected to boost demand for natural ingredients, such as FAEs, in the pharmaceutical sector to treat gastrointestinal and other diseases. In addition, increasing demand for natural ingredients with low calorific content to promote weight loss and to adhere to the changing perceptions of beauty and appearance is expected to boost product consumption over the forecast period. Rising cases of obesity, particularly in the developed nations on account of sedentary lifestyles and growing dependence on technology, are likely to promote the product demand in the food processing industry.
- Increasing Demand for the Fatty Acid Ester Market from Personal Care Products
- Fatty acid esters are among the most used ingredients in personal care and home care formulations. They are used in a variety of products, such as shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, antiperspirant, and lipsticks, as emollients and thickeners, owing to their amphipathic and non-ionic surfactant nature. Additionally, it is used in skincare products as a solvent, emulsifier, antiseptic, buffer, and penetration enhancer (improves delivery of an ingredient into the skin).
- Increased focus on hygiene and environmental awareness has resulted in market growth.
- Rising demand for surfactant and detergent due to growing hygiene awareness among consumers is projected to offer profitable opportunities in the near future. Growing environmental concern is driving demand for fatty acid esters in surfactant and detergent as they offer effective washing and also promote environmental sustainability. Hence, the growing demand for surfactant and detergent is projected to foster market growth over the forecast period.
- Growing awareness and preference towards biodiesels are expected to offer various opportunities for the growth of market.
- The shifting focus of end users towards biodiesel over conventional diesel owing to its low toxicity is expected to be one of the major factors driving the growth of the global fatty acid ester market. Additionally, rise in the usage of fatty acid methyl esters as a green solvent owing to its low VOC and biodegradable nature is further expected to escalate the growth of the global fatty acid ester market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the fatty acid ester industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the fatty acid ester share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight fatty acid ester growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed fatty acid ester analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Fatty Acid Ester Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Fatty Acid Ester?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Fatty Acid Ester “?
- What does “Fatty Acid Ester " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Fatty Acid Ester “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Fatty Acid Ester” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Fatty Acid Ester” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Fatty Acid Ester” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Fatty Acid Ester “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Fatty Acid Ester economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Fatty Acid Ester Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Wilmar International, Oleon, Emery Oleochemicals, Apple Chemicals, KLK Oleo, Henan Sunlake Enterprise Group, Acme-Hardesty, Vantage Oleochemicals, Evonik Industries, Ecogreen Oleochemicals