Fault current limiter (FCL) minimizes the occurrence of fault currents and is a vital protection component in modern T&D networks to function properly.
Growing concerns for reliable & efficient power supply coupled with interconnection mechanism in electric utility grid are the key factors that drive the growth of the market. Furthermore, favorable government initiatives to expand or modernize the present day T&D system along with inadequacy of circuit breakers and fuses used in T&D systems are the drivers that will boost the growth of the market. Lack of commercialization along the absence of universally accepted standards for FCLs is a key restraining factor that will hinder the growth of the market.
The high demand for intelligent & modernized power grid infrastructure and the general preference for renewable energy applications will offer ample growth opportunities to the fault current limiter market across the globe. Safety concerns and massive scale of high-temperature superconducting fault current limiter (HTS-FCL) in power systems along with the high cost are key market challenges.
The report segments the market on the basis of type, voltage range, end-users and region. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into superconducting fault current limiter and non-superconducting fault current limiter and each is further segmented into sub type. On the basis of voltage range the market is segmented into medium voltage fault current limiter, low voltage fault current limiter and high voltage fault current limiter. On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into power stations, oil & gas, automotive, paper mills, chemicals, steel & aluminum. On the basis of region, the market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America Middle East and Africa LAMEA.
Major market players operating in this market are ABB LTD., Alstom, American Superconductor Corporation, Siemens Ag, Applied Materials, Gridon, Superpower Inc., Superconductor Technologies Inc., Rongxin Power Electronic Co. Ltd. And Zenergy Power Electric Co.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market across the globe.
- The report offers an extensive analysis of government regulations related to commercial drones in different countries and its impact on their adoption rate in these countries.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report analyses the top impacting factors in detail and offers adoption rate analysis of the market on the basis of different segment across different countries.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
FAULT CURRENT LIMITER MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Fault Current Limiter Market By Type
- Superconducting Fault Current Limiter
- Non-Superconducting Fault Current Limiter
Fault Current Limiter Market By Voltage Range
- Medium Voltage Fault Current Limiter
- Low Voltage Fault Current Limiter
- High Voltage Fault Current Limiter
Fault Current Limiter Market By End User
- Power stations
- Oil & gas
- By sub-type
- Paper mills
- Steel & aluminum
Fault Current Limiter Market By Region
- North America
Key Market Player
- ABB LTD.,
- American Superconductor Corporation,
- Siemens Ag,
- Applied Materials,
- Superpower Inc.,
- Superconductor Technologies Inc.,
- Rongxin Power Electronic Co. Ltd.
- Zenergy Power Electric Co.