Fecal occult test is a medical test used to check stool samples for hidden or occult blood. The presence of occult blood indicates the presence of colon cancer or polyps in the colon or rectum, ulcers, anal fissures, Crohns disease, and many more conditions. The fecal occult test is used in clinical screening to detect colon cancer.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the fecal occult testing market include increasing prevalence of rectal & colon cancer, initiatives taken by the government such as organizing colorectal cancer check-ups, improved medical infrastructure, and adoption of advanced fecal occult testing. However, factors such as less awareness about the test and high costs may restrain the market growth. The development of direct-to-consumer laboratory testing and availability of fecal occult immunological test devices in online stores will further provide lucrative market growth opportunities during the forecast period.
The fecal occult testing market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into guaiac FOB stool test, immuno-FOB agglutination test, lateral flow immuno-FOB test, and immuno-FOB ELISA test. According to end user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinical diagnostic laboratories, and physicians' office laboratories. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Quidel Corporation, EIKEN CHEMICAL CO., LTD., Epigenomics AG, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Biohit Oyj., Polymedco CDP, LLC, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Randox Laboratories Ltd., and EDP Biotech.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global fecal occult testing market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global fecal occult testing market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global fecal occult testing market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global fecal occult testing market.
Fecal Occult Testing Market Key Segments:
- Guaiac FOB Stool Test
- Immuno-FOB Agglutination Test
- Lateral Flow Immuno-FOB Test
- Immuno-FOB ELISA Test
By End User
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories
- Physicians' Office Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA