Feldspar Market Analysis
Feldspar is a mineral found in large quantity on the earth’s crust. It includes a wide range of minerals along with alkalis and alumina such as sodium and potassium oxide. It is a part of our daily usage products such as glassware and tiles. Its usage in ceramic and glass products as well as coatings and fillers in paint industry makes it an important mineral, thereby increasing its market value. Additionally, the growth of the construction industry has fuelled the demand for feldspar. Its properties, such as strength and durability, make it an ideal choice. Feldspar has varying melting points due to which it has different temperature levels.
- Nationwide lockdown has been enforced due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Industries have been adversely impacted due to the lockdown.
- The construction industry has been made non-functional and non-operational as there is lack of availability of labor and raw materials. This has led to a significant reduction in the demand for feldspar.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Feldspar is used in glass and ceramic manufacturing. Ceramic tiles made from feldspar are largely used in construction; therefore, it has witnessed increase in its market share in the APAC region. China recorded to be the largest producer, consumer, and exporter of tile, owing to the high product demand in China’s construction industry. European countries, such as Turkey and Poland, are the largest producers of feldspar. China, India, and Indonesia are the major contributors to the market of feldspar. The U.S. has witnessed increased growth in the real estate sector, owing to which the demand for ceramic tiles increased, thereby contributing to the market value of feldspar. Russia has also become prominent in the feldspar market due to increase in demand for ceramic and glass items in the country.
Feldspar is a rich source of alkali, silica, and alumina; therefore, its usage as a fluxing agent for glass manufacturing increases. In ceramic production, feldspar is the second most important ingredient after clay as it provides toughness and strength as required. Germany, Italy, and western parts of Russia have always contributed to the growth and production of feldspar. Feldspar in these countries is used in construction and automotive industries, owing to the increase in demand for glass and ceramic products for application in coatings for welding rods. Potassium feldspar has observed increase demand due to its usage as a fluxing agent and in making of scientific glass, float glass, and others.
The feldspar market may observe a decrement in its market value due to stricter government regulations on mining. Fluctuations in fuel prices and increase in mining and export costs act as restraints to the feldspar market. In addition, another restraining factor is that certain ceramic and glass can be recycled, leading to decrease in feldspar use.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the feldspar market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the feldspar market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the feldspar market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the feldspar market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Feldspar Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
El Waha Mining & Fertilizers, LB Minerals, SP Minerals, Eczacibasi Esan, U.S. Silica Company, I-Minerals Inc., Granite Rock Company, SCR-Sibelco NV, Quarzwerke GmbH, Feldspar Corp., Imerys S.A, Adolf Gottfried TonwerkeGMbH