Fiber cement siding is a building material used to cover the exterior of buildings in both commercial and domestic applications. Fiber cement is a composite material made of sand, cellulose fiber, and cement. It possesses several benefits such as resistant to termites, impact resistance, fireproof properties, and it does not rot. It acts as an alternative to real wood and vinyl siding, abasically made up of wood pulp, fly ash, and Portland cement. This siding offers aesthetic appearance, extended durability, prolonged maintenance, and affordability. Fiber cement sliding consists of imitating wood sliding, overlapping horizontal boards, imitation shingles, and clapboard fiber cement sidings, which provide a smooth finish, enhance curb appeal, and complement a modern exterior home design. It is commonly used as a tile underlay on decks, in bathrooms, and as bargeboards in high fire areas.
Increase in urbanization and rise in investment in construction, particularly in new housing, are the major factors that drives the growth of the global fiber cement siding market. However, during installation, silica dust is generated by cutting fiber cement siding, and its long-term exposure can lead to silicosis & other lung diseases among workers, which restrains the market growth. Moreover, high installation cost and insufficient manpower to deliver & install these sidings hamper the growth of the market.
The global fiber cement siding market is segmented based on type, end user, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into shingle fiber cement siding, sheet form fiber cement siding, lap siding fiber cement siding, and stucco or brick fiber cement siding. By end user, it is divided into residential, commercial, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major market players are as follows:
- WB Construction Services Inc.
- James Hardie Industries Ltd.
- GAF Material Corporation
- Hekim Yapi
- Nichiha USA Inc.
- Evonik Industries AG
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global fiber cement siding market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Fiber Cement Siding Market Key Segments:
- Shingle Fiber Cement Siding
- Sheet Form Fiber Cement Siding
- Lap Siding Fiber Cement Siding
- Stucco or Brick Fiber Cement Siding
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other players operating in the industry include the following:
- Menards Inc.
- Cement Board Fabricators
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on client interest.