An optical fibers ability to perform in the field is often influenced by the type of polymer coating over its glass core. Fiber optics function in many environments with just a primary coating. Environments such as oil and gas sensing, however, may demand a secondary coating to provide additional protection during cable assembly and deployment.
Several industries rely on fiber optics for communication and sensing as well as a host of growing applications. Fiber optic coatings make fibers more robust in applications that require additional mechanical strength and resistance to radiation and abrasion.
Increase in awareness regarding energy efficient buildings, improvement in visual acuity, rise in demand for electronics & semiconductors in emerging economies drive the growth of the fiber optic coatings market. However, increase in the cost of production due to expensive application techniques and fluctuations in the prices of raw materials hamper the demand for fiber optic coatings.
The global optical coating market is segmented based on type, application, and geography.
Based on type of optical coating, the market is divided into antireflection, high reflection, transparent conductive, filter, beamsplitter, electrochromic, and partial reflection coatings. On the basis of application, it is classified into, chemical industry, construction industry, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players in the optical coating industry that are profiled in the report include:
E.I. Dupont De Nemours company
Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
Inrad Optical, Inc.
Artemis Optical Ltd.
II-VI Optical Systems
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, emerging estimations, and dynamics in the fiber optic coatings market.
- In-depth analysis of the market is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2015 and 2023 are provided.
- Global industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- The market share for all segments with respect to geography is detailed in the report.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the industry trends.
Fiber Optic Coatings Market Key Segments:
- Antireflection Coatings
- High Reflection Coatings
- Transparent Conductive Coatings
- Filter Coatings
- Beamsplitter Coatings
- Electrochromic Coatings
- Partial Reflection Coatings
- Chemical Industry
- Construction Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain include:
- Cascade Optical Corporation
- Schott AG
- Evaporated Coatings, Inc.
- Optics Balzers
- Optical Coating Technologies
- Zygo Corporation
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.